Buying a Air Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Here's the specs on the air compressor

SKU Number: 3301332
Manufacturers Number: SS5L5
Air Compressor | Brand : Ingersoll Rand | Type : Single Stage | Tank Capacity : 60 gal. | PSI Rating : 135 PSI | Flow Rate : 18.1 cfm @ 90 psi | Power Rating : 5 HP | Material : Cast Iron Cylinder | Application : Professionals and DIYers

5 HP (as rated by engine manufacturer) 230V single-stage air compressor
135 max. PSI and 60 gal. ASME tank
18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI
100% continuous duty all cast iron pump
230V single phase motor with no starter required
Mounted discharge valve
Extended design life - 8,000+ hrs
Belt guard that shields flywheel and motor sheave
One year industrial grade warranty on complete machine - Pump warranty extended to two years with use of Ingersoll Rand's All Season synthetic lubricant, included

Price is $849.99

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I like the cfm @ 90psi but I'm not crazy about that price lol.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Here's the specs on the air compressor

SKU Number: 3301332
Manufacturers Number: SS5L5
Air Compressor | Brand : Ingersoll Rand | Type : Single Stage | Tank Capacity : 60 gal. | PSI Rating : 135 PSI | Flow Rate : 18.1 cfm @ 90 psi | Power Rating : 5 HP | Material : Cast Iron Cylinder | Application : Professionals and DIYers

5 HP (as rated by engine manufacturer) 230V single-stage air compressor
135 max. PSI and 60 gal. ASME tank
18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI
100% continuous duty all cast iron pump
230V single phase motor with no starter required
Mounted discharge valve
Extended design life - 8,000+ hrs
Belt guard that shields flywheel and motor sheave
One year industrial grade warranty on complete machine - Pump warranty extended to two years with use of Ingersoll Rand's All Season synthetic lubricant, included

Price is $849.99

Dave seems to me that we have discussed this on another forum atleast a few different times.
Since you REFUSE to use google,
18 cfm@90psi is NOT all that hot, course what do you exspect from a SINGLE STAGE COMPRESSOR.

Heres another idea, try downloading google chrome for your browser, then you will have a google search box in your tool bar. That would be some simple searching

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Dave seems to me that we have discussed this on another forum atleast a few different times.
Since you REFUSE to use google,
18 cfm@90psi is NOT all that hot, course what do you exspect from a SINGLE STAGE COMPRESSOR.

Heres another idea, try downloading google chrome for your browser, then you will have a google search box in your tool bar. That would be some simple searching

I just need one for sandblasting and running a DA sander. Not gonna run it 24/7 for the next 20 years.

Please stop telling me to use google. If everybody used google then what is the point of having forums period.

Last edited:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Please stop telling me to use google. If everybody used google then what is the point of having forums period.

think of it this way. If you would use google every other time you want research on a tool, you might just get better results from us. But when you refuse to use google and keep making threads on here you get less and less replies. HMMMMMM think maybe theres other people that are getting tiried of your tool purchases?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
i just need one for sandblasting and running a da sander. Not gonna run it 24/7 for the next 20 years.

like we have discussed a thousand times before on other forums, if you want to run a da sander and a sand blaster they require alot of air.

Sand blaster should have around 30 cfm, anything less then that and it will take forever to get even small parts done.

Now go price a ******* 30 cfm dual stage compressor

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Discussed on other forums? He's had at least one discussion about compressors here. Dave, go back and search through your older threads, you will find all the answers.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Last edited: