Air compressor good quality hose recommendations? Not as simple a request as you might think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlazerBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I am in need of recommendations on a very good quality compressor air hose. I bought a hose reel with a brown 3/8” /250 psi hose from Harbor Freight about a year ago. The hose sucks (blows, rather) and has developed many leaks of which I have had to continually make the hose shorter by cutting the leaking areas out. Even though the hose says it’s rated for 250psi, it pops holes with even much lower pressure but it is flexible enough to be wound onto the reel it came on. So, I took another hose (blue) off of my smaller portable compressor that I have used for years and tried to wind it onto the same reel however it is not flexible enough to wind onto the reel and gets even stiffer in colder weather. I never thought I would have so many troubles with air hoses and I am in the middle of painting my K5. What hose can I buy that is flexible, yet durable and where can I buy it? Or, is it not possible to buy a hose that is very durable and flexible enough to wind onto a reel. What hoses do professional paint and body shops use? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8670.jpeg
    IMG_8670.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 13

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you have a Parker (hydraulics) store nearby, they still sell really nice USA made hose. I have also seen -some- Goodyear hoses still US made. If you can find Conti-tech (Continental) hoses....those were US, Australian or German made. Not sure if still are.

Used to be a brand called (iirc) Johnsons (?) - that was US made forever.....they went to the dark side a couple years back.

Rock Auto used to carry some. Would have a good shot at getting old stock better brands there.

BlazerBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Thanks! I have been reading reviews on different hoses listed on Amazon. I pay more attention to the bad reviews instead of the good reviews. People complain that the fittings tend to blow off the Goodyear/Continental hoses along with other types and brands of hoses. I think I’ll take your advice and find a hydraulics store to have a rubber hose made with good crimps, a very good suggestion, thanks again!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad