1985 C20 - Need help with electrical polarity for Harrison A/C Compressor Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1985_C20

Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
5.7L
I have a 1985 C20 with a 350 and factory A/C with a Harrison 434 compressor on driver's side. I removed the compressor from the bracket to access the power steering pump below and when I did, I unplugged the harness to the compressor clutch. It has two wires--a green wire and a black wire that has a ring terminal and goes to a ground on a stud near the alternator bracket. My problem is now I'm putting it back together and I assumed the electrical connector would only go on one way but the plastic is partially broken and I can fully seat the connector either way (see photos). Looking at the compressor from the front of the truck when the compressor is bolted into the bracket - the connector is at the 11 o'clock position. I ohmed out both tabs to the compressor body thinking I could ID the ground tab that way but neither one ohmed out. Can anyone help me with which colored wire (green or black) should be on top? Thank you for reading this post.

Attachments

• greentop.png
    greentop.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • blacktop.png
    blacktop.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
To be honest, it does not matter. The relation and winding of the coil to the steel it pulls is important. When current flows, it pulls the pintle in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli