No power to A/C compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luminous05

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 1985 c10 with an ac system I just fully replaced, had a vacuum pulled yesterday and was planning on charging today, I found out when charging, my compressor is not activating. Only to find out, the compressor wires are transferring no power, I followed all the wires to the accumulator and everything seemed fine, but no power whatsoever. The two 25 amp fuses are in good condition, anything helps.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
The compressor won't start cycling until it gets some refrigerant in to close the low pressure switch. Check for 12v on the harness going to the low pressure cutoff switch. If you have power there, start charging. It might take a can or so before the pressure gets high enough to close the switch and let power through to the compressor. It will quick cycle at first. As you get more refrigerant in, the on cycles will be longer.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can jump the circuit for testing with a paper clip but usually not necessary for recharge.

luminous05

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The compressor won't start cycling until it gets some refrigerant in to close the low pressure switch. Check for 12v on the harness going to the low pressure cutoff switch. If you have power there, start charging. It might take a can or so before the pressure gets high enough to close the switch and let power through to the compressor. It will quick cycle at first. As you get more refrigerant in, the on cycles will be longer.
We have checked. And there seems to be no po
that was it exactly. I’m not too knowledgeable on ac systems but that got it running perfectly, thank you so much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taco main chew