Anyone used the old ash tray for something (else) that's interesting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72chevy2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Classic suburban
Engine Size
I know it's an old thread but this is what I did on my suburban. It's the bass control knob for my amp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 239

Arrover

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Crew Cab K3500
Engine Size
I know it's an old thread but this is what I did on my suburban. It's the bass control knob for my amp.
That's awesome. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks for the picture.

Has anyone bought the LMC cup holder
Is it worthwhile?
Will it hold man sized drinks?
I haven't tried the cup holders but there is a company that makes an ash tray cup holder insert that holds one big drink instead of two can size holes.

72chevy2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
@Arrover, thank you and no problem. The only challenge to doing the bass knob in there is making it where you can remove the ashtray if needed. Other than that it took me around thirty minutes from start to finish. Whenever I can get back to the garage I'll pull it out and tear her down to show how I did it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That bass knob idea is definitely a good one for those with a good system in their truck!

72chevy2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
@V2500burb, the first page of this thread said he has one. I personally never used or known anyone with one so I couldn't say. The mans member name is Ol' Red. Maybe he could tell you how well it's made and how big of a drink can fit in it.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
This was back in the day , but I bought a new washer tank , pump and lines from a parts store , ( I cant remember which one) with a switch for the pump and a ball valve from a camper place. Made a mount in the ashtray for the ball valve with a piece of hose that you could pull out , put the switch where the lighter was , fill the tank with jim beam and you could hit the switch and fill your passenger's high ball glass with the good stuff on the fly , ( never the driver though , right). Anyway we thought it was cool but in today's world filled with Obummer do gooder's you would be burned at the stake for something cool like that in your ashtray. Hell who knows soon you may be burned at the stake for putting butts in there at the rate we are going.

:suicide::suicide::suicide:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Wow rear defrost, window and AC switches all in one shot. Fist time I saw that many factory switches around the ash tray.

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I saw these the other day and needed a place to put my light switches
It didn't come out too shabby I think

72chevy2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
@89suburban, yeah my suburban has power everything. From door windows to tailgate window. The wire that connects to the defrost part on the window broke. I guess they never soldered them good from the factory. And my truck has the rear a/c. Wish the ac worked though I bet it would kick ass lol. The only suburbans I have seen with all the switches like this is mine my fathers (84 gmc 2500) and my brothers (85 chevy 2500). I have the baby one (88 gmc 1500). All of our trucks are tailgate with rear a/c just the a/c never worked when we got the trucks. We just drop all windows and go.

Jeff Dodson

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I bought one of those drink holder inserts... They hold cans that it. So as far as man drinks, will hold a beer can or a Dr.Pepper can, maybe a convienence store coffee cup

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I too bought a lmc cup holder. It will fit most 16 ounce water and soda bottles bit not 20 ounce unless you remove the plastic ring which then shows the vinyl edges. It does look good though.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
How many people you think would buy a switch panel like mine?
Thinking about making a few

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD