Any original squares out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Carpenter

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6cy
Shame that one can't be saved. Interesting to see Siverado equipment on a sixer.
I wish I could have saved it to. This one has the Cheyane package. I bought it for all the a/c, power steering, and power brake parts. I’m keeping my truck stock with the 6 cylinder and I couldn’t find the ac or power steering brackets anywhere. I will be using this cab so some of this truck will live on.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Was gonna put mine out here, but different wheels ,newer bed, seats been redone, painted once(same color),engine changed(still 350), hubs added, now part time 203, the list goes on!!!....NOT original!!
same with my '77. I would have kept it original but it was in such bad shape when I got it, it was either replace everything or send it to the junkyard. So while replacing everything it also got a heavy dose of mods along the way. Original is better but changed/modified is better than scrapping it :)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Bought this gem for a donor. Using it to restore my grandfathers 76 stepside. This truck is bone stock 96k miles on the original 250 6cylinder
If theres any parts you dont want or need please post them for sale here. Id be interested if youve got certain things

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
My dually is original other than the front clip (replaced by previous owner due to a fender bender) and I have my suspicions about the passenger front door being aftermarket. Other than treat, original with 75k on the clock.

I’m working on collecting all the materials needed to paint her. I’ll be keeping her white
I followed your Instagram page, love the dually!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I followed your Instagram page, love the dually!
Thanks, man!! Hoping things pick back up with it once I have all the materials I need for paint. Been kinda slow going with winter and just gathering stuff lol

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
The only thing on my Burb I willingly replaced was suspension and wheels/tires. They're stock rallye wheels from my last square, but this specific truck came with hubcaps (yes I still have them and the white steelies). The suspension was in need of a replacement anyway due to being old and worn out, so I figured I may as well remedy the station wagon look while I was at it. 2" spring kit and gas shocks, nothing crazy. Kept the quads.

I removed the emissions parts while trying to chase down what was eventually discovered as a bad ECU, though I did save them. The truck also has a B&M trans cooler installed by the PO because 700R4. But other than that, the interior is stock, body panels are stock (I replaced the front bumper with a spare I had laying around from another 87 after an accident, and I have had to replace both the front and rear windshields over the years, and I have a suspicion the PO replaced the rear doors). Unfortunately I also spray painted the body to protect the bare metal from rust as it was a desert truck and almost all the paint had been sunburned off and was surface rust, though I plan to repaint it to factory color when I get the chance (or another garage to do it in lol, don't worry we're looking at houses again already).

Originally I wanted to keep this truck as stock as possible, and I still do. As I said, the suspension and wheels were really the only modifications I made and they're still pretty low key. Everything else was essentially repair/maintenance.

Mike Carpenter

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6cy
It will be a while before I’m through with it. If there’s something in particular you’re looking for let me know.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I would consider my 79 when I got it to be pretty close to stock.
Original drive train, original body (what hadn't rusted away, besides drivers fender), everything else original except for drivers door handle, speedo, horn button, and seat cover, and had one repaint.
And of course the regular maintenance stuff was changed (brake pads, filters, some hoses)

Every emissions device still intact with all the vacuum lines. Y pipe, stock cat, stock replacement muffler and tailpipe.

The seat had been reupholstered, speedo was swapped with a 73-75 and the drivers inner door handle was a 73-76, otherwise all og 79 stuff. Still had the delco AM radio and dash speaker (which despite its poor appearance still works)

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
I would consider my 79 when I got it to be pretty close to stock.
Original drive train, original body (what hadn't rusted away, besides drivers fender), everything else original except for drivers door handle, speedo, horn button, and seat cover, and had one repaint.
And of course the regular maintenance stuff was changed (brake pads, filters, some hoses)

Every emissions device still intact with all the vacuum lines. Y pipe, stock cat, stock replacement muffler and tailpipe.

The seat had been reupholstered, speedo was swapped with a 73-75 and the drivers inner door handle was a 73-76, otherwise all og 79 stuff. Still had the delco AM radio and dash speaker (which despite its poor appearance still works)
Your 79 is the coolest thing in my opinion. About a year ago I found a 70’s K10 and a Blazer both rotting away in the woods for $500. That’s what got me started on the search for square bodies until I found my stepside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1