Any original squares out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
76 K10 with an indicated 23,400 miles, but that is for sure at least 123,400, probably not 223,400.

Father in law was the original owner. It is on it's third engine, and 4th transmission. Hauling hog trailers for decades was not kind to the drivetrain. The bumper is the farmer special and purportedly weighs 300+ pounds.

It had sat for about 15-20 years until recently. I replaced all under hood rubber and changed all fluids, water pump, radiator rebuilt, recovered the shredded seat, new fuel pump, etc. I have a build thread on it.

I am trying to keep it as original as I can. Original paint cleaned up and polished nicely. I want to arrest the rust or get patch panels, but only repaint the lower orange parts.
You must be registered for see images attach

Action shot in the woods on my acreage, was setting up for a bonfire last fall.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bought it 2001 w/ 80k on it. Now @130k. One owner truck 1977 scottsdale k10

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mine is like George Washington's hatchet. You know,... the blade was changed when it was worn out, and the handle has been replaced a couple of times, but it's still his original hatchet.

It looks fairly stock with a few bolt-ons but "original" parts are scarce. Paint, engines, transmissions, overdrive, rebuilt the rear, new springs etc. all have been replaced at some point.

That's what happens when you drive them a lot. That, and frankly, the thing was a lemon from day one. Odometer shows 264K but it was reading 15% low for most of it's life so I'm sure it has about 300K on it in reality.

Recent pic that hides a lot of rust and other sins. It wore the steel wheels for all but last year because "free" tires, and they're going back on once these tires wear out.

One thing I've discovered over the years was that when it was new we wanted to add all kinds of custom pieces to make it stand out. As it got older it went more and more back to stock. Turns out it stands out all on it's own. No fancy dress-up required. Next repaint the toolbox is going away too. But the running boards will stay. It's too hard for most people to get in and out of without them.
Too bad your in jail and can't enjoy it!! Hahaha

Seriously though, where are you? Is this a shop in the ghetto?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bought this gem for a donor. Using it to restore my grandfathers 76 stepside. This truck is bone stock 96k miles on the original 250 6cylinder
That's the grille out of an 80. Do you want it? Want to work out a deal?

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Too bad your in jail and can't enjoy it!! Hahaha

Seriously though, where are you? Is this a shop in the ghetto?

If that window frame wasn't there and the glass was clean you'd see all the peeling paint and rust. :eek:

Seriously, it's just an old building and them's the kind of windows they have. But since you mention it, as a side effect, it is pretty secure.

Mike Carpenter

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6cy
That's the grille out of an 80. Do you want it? Want to work out a deal?
This truck is an 80 model. I’m restoring a 76. I would definitely be willing to part with the grille. Give me a few days and I’ll get some pictures for you.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I'll play along...

101k miles. As original as you can expect at this age with them miles.
Very nice. I like the stone guards too. What trim level is your truck?

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
43L Shamrock green. I didnt realize it was a 79 only color. Learn something new everyday. :waytogo:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't know the paint code, but it's the '79 only Shamrock Green metallic.

Scottsdale
That works for me, the name is good. I just wanted the name or code, you answered my question. Thanks.