Any original squares out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Mossyman, are those the stock size tires?

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Thank you! I don't know jack about the history of the trucks, but man, those are some small tires.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Had to put new tires on it...found a rim off a ‘77 to replace the one that was rusted out. Had to put a new clutch in it since the rats built a nest that I couldn’t get out. Installed gauges so I could read the actual my temps instead of waiting for the light to come on. Dad painted the bumper . Everything else is as it came in ‘84. I’ve only put about 75 miles on since I’ve had it the last few months.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks/color wise this truck is really close to how mine was born with it's low/no options. Ol brown never had the rain guards or hubcaps though. Wish mine still had the Indian bronze metallic on the outside and had not been stripped.
Mileage is even close too.

Original tire size on mine was 195/75r15

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL
Please don't, those things are pizza cutters.;)

You know I thought the tires that were on it looked funny because they had been sitting up so long and had warped or something. I just looked at some online and those things look just like the old ones...hideous. I’ll find something a little better looking!

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
My suggestion would be to just spend your money on a set of real truck tires for it. It'll handle, steer, and look correct. Anything else IMO, is just throwing away your money. If you don't want to put LT rated tires on it, at least put the next stage down.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
When we were on vacation a couple weeks back in Northern MN I went to a local gas station near the park for something, and saw this pull in when I was getting out of my Suburban.

Walked right up to the guy and complimented him on this, he said it is an all original 86 GMC 1 ton, 454, 4 wheel drive. He just put new tires on it.

He said a old colleague/friend of his (they are retired now) bought it new, drove it some and then parked it. Well this guy I talked to said he had an early 80's GMC truck like this that he regretted getting rid of, so he told his friend "if you ever sell that 86 let me know".

Years later he gets a call that the truck is for sale from his friend. He went out to the airplane hanger and there it was covered up. He cleaned it up, and put on new tires.

This baby sounded beautiful too.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Two Todd's approve of that!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I've never seen one like it in person without being restored to be this nice. Interior was a sight to see, like brand new!! I was in such awe of this damned thing and so chatty with the guy I forgot to take more pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko