Any original squares out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bedwards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Mine's pretty much as bone stock as your going to get one this old. It has all the original interior, paint, hoses, belts. I have replaced the muffler and deleted the cat. I replaced the ignition, rebuilt the carb (again), fuel pump, tires, fluids and headliner.
You must be registered for see images attach

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
Mine's pretty much as bone stock as your going to get one this old. It has all the original interior, paint, hoses, belts. I have replaced the muffler and deleted the cat. I replaced the ignition, rebuilt the carb (again), fuel pump, tires, fluids and headliner.
Looks brand new!

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
My 1984 K20 GMC Suburban is mostly original, I bought it in 2007 in San Francisco, it had 234,*** miles, and was a really well maintained, probably one owner. It had one repainted fender and door, and nice patina on the top, but it had a lot of body damage, and my friend that was going to paint it, said either he paints the whole thing or nothing. So so much for my patina.

Because the stripe kit wasn't available to separate the two tones, my friend did it by painting on the stripes, and I had him modify the pin stripes to go over the hood instead of down between the headlight trim and the side marker lamp. And it ended up looking really good, that's the picture you see next to my name

At the same time as I bought this one, I also bought an identical Chevy Suburban. This one also had a 6.2, but w a Banks turbo, and is also very original, even in the same color combination.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
My dually is original other than the front clip (replaced by previous owner due to a fender bender) and I have my suspicions about the passenger front door being aftermarket. Other than treat, original with 75k on the clock.

I’m working on collecting all the materials needed to paint her. I’ll be keeping her white

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Bought this gem for a donor. Using it to restore my grandfathers 76 stepside. This truck is bone stock 96k miles on the original 250 6cylinder

Shame that one can't be saved. Interesting to see Siverado equipment on a sixer.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Mine is like George Washington's hatchet. You know,... the blade was changed when it was worn out, and the handle has been replaced a couple of times, but it's still his original hatchet.

It looks fairly stock with a few bolt-ons but "original" parts are scarce. Paint, engines, transmissions, overdrive, rebuilt the rear, new springs etc. all have been replaced at some point.

That's what happens when you drive them a lot. That, and frankly, the thing was a lemon from day one. Odometer shows 264K but it was reading 15% low for most of it's life so I'm sure it has about 300K on it in reality.

Recent pic that hides a lot of rust and other sins. It wore the steel wheels for all but last year because "free" tires, and they're going back on once these tires wear out.

One thing I've discovered over the years was that when it was new we wanted to add all kinds of custom pieces to make it stand out. As it got older it went more and more back to stock. Turns out it stands out all on it's own. No fancy dress-up required. Next repaint the toolbox is going away too. But the running boards will stay. It's too hard for most people to get in and out of without them.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I am the 3rd owner and bought it with 64,*** miles on it. Each time I get into something I find out I am the first one. Original engine, transmission, interior, mirrors, everything except tires, vortec heads, and vortec intake. Carb was rebuilt to accommodate the vortec setup. Runs strong.

Those wheels and tires are on Crusty Biscuit now, but they look sharp on the '81.

With the camper shell...

Last edited:

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Shame that one can't be saved. Interesting to see Siverado equipment on a sixer.

Honestly, didn’t Silverado hardly mean anything more than “carpet” those years?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Honestly, didn’t Silverado hardly mean anything more than “carpet” those years?

carpet, aluminum dash trim, full instruments, better door panels, square headlights on the 80 only - a few extras.

:)

Probably worth the $ 750.00 bux or so if it could be afforded.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Was gonna put mine out here, but different wheels ,newer bed, seats been redone, painted once(same color),engine changed(still 350), hubs added, now part time 203, the list goes on!!!....NOT original!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes