1996 corvette zip tie special

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
The zip tie engineering is impressive - some pics are definitely in order. I've always liked C4s, I actually considered buying one instead of a C3, but at the time (18 years ago) they were still generally more expensive. For some inexplicable reason, I like 86-88 TPI the best and I'd even be interested in trying to get a Doug Nash 4+3 working right, even though most that had them hated them.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I like c3 and c5 better, but c5's are more expensive and c3's are generally even more tired when in the same price range. TPI with 4+3 are second after lt1+t56 combo.
The zip tie engineering is impressive - some pics are definitely in order. I've always liked C4s, I actually considered buying one instead of a C3, but at the time (18 years ago) they were still generally more expensive. For some inexplicable reason, I like 86-88 TPI the best and I'd even be interested in trying to get a Doug Nash 4+3 working right, even though most that had them hated them.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
The newer wheels do a world of difference, in a good way, to those c4's.

There's some zip ties out there that can hold hundreds of lbs. Not sure I'd want to go down the highway relying on them though.

How many miles on that lt1?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
C4 Corvettes kickass. Some of em had 200r4s..but not an lt1 car...lt1 cars are rad and i like them alot but the newer wheels-especially painted black- suck ass imo. Sawblades or gtfo. I think that's what you call em.
I'm partial to the L98 cars like dude said up there ^^^ 86-88. ❤

You bought this? For why?

You must be registered for see images attach

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
So did you get a bargain for this turd?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
It was okish price. Payed a bit too much actually, but I think salvageable. Was originally intending to trade the mustang for it, but did not see the worth in one for one trade so bought it instead. Exhaust is hacked off, probably when transmission was changed and there are some zip ties holding something near the transmission area. 150k miles and everything is more or less wore. I like the wheels, but not in black color. Got it back rolling today by reseating the tire. It will need to be replaced.
Need to fix throttle,
Align driver side door, hood(after fixing the hinges), front bumper and replace/mount side fender extensions.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I still want to see this zip tie wizardry underneath :D

The good news is you could do almost anything to this car that you'd like and it's not going to hurt it's value any. There's something freeing about that!! :) will be a fun car once you work your magic on it.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
C4 Corvettes kickass. Some of em had 200r4s..but not an lt1 car...lt1 cars are rad and i like them alot but the newer wheels-especially painted black- suck ass imo. Sawblades or gtfo. I think that's what you call em.
I'm partial to the L98 cars like dude said up there ^^^ 86-88. ❤

You bought this? For why?

Well, you know what they say about opinions...so here's another one.

The sawblades, turbines or whatever you call them are a directional wheel which doesn't do it for me. A lot of corvette purists even hate the salad shooter and turbine style wheels. Personally I just prefer a symetrical wheel on all cormers. Seeing directional wheels mounted in opposite directions is beyond frustrating. That said I'd probaly keep the stockers if they came with it cause they're only original once.

I'll actually agree with the black color on the wheels. Original silver or a gunmetal would be better. Black wheels usually get lost in the wheel well.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Are there adapters on there to make those wheels fit? I didn't think the c5's were a direct swap to the older cars.

150k isn't much for an lt1, it's ready to kill quite a few more trannys.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The offset changed in '88.

I'm partial to these ones, used in '90 and '91 I believe. In '88 and '89 they didn't have exposed lugnuts.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
^that's a salad shooter...

Corvettes are both fun AND cool. I'm happy for you @yevgenievich ! I think it's totally rad and like @Old77 says, you can have all the fun in the world with it...very promising! :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

**** yeah!

:3639243774_5f528137

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like C4s better than they like me. Ingress and egress are both a challenge for my age and size. The footwell for the driver is too small for me to be comfortable for extended drives, I like to move around some. But it is a Corvette and can really handle a curve at most any speed when set up right with good tires. I still get a little itch when I see a C4 convertible with the top down. I’ve had my C5 for 8 years now and still enjoy the ride and handling but I’m getting the itch for more power and that’s an expensive road to go down.

I’ll be following your progress. And by the way, the lt1 in my 95 Impala SS has 212,000 miles and still going strong.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Check the wiring to the trans, I have been trying to find a comparable trans for my 84 C10 4x4 right hand drive hooking to a 5.3 out of a 04 truck. I also have a Vortec engine out of a vette with a 4L80e trans. The computer is supposed to control the shifts and the torque converter. I have talked to many trans pros about all this it gets a little confusing at times ( damn computers).
Good luck it doesn’t take much to burn up a transmission.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Well, you know what they say about opinions...so here's another one.

The sawblades, turbines or whatever you call them are a directional wheel which doesn't do it for me. A lot of corvette purists even hate the salad shooter and turbine style wheels. Personally I just prefer a symetrical wheel on all cormers. Seeing directional wheels mounted in opposite directions is beyond frustrating. That said I'd probaly keep the stockers if they came with it cause they're only original once.

I'll actually agree with the black color on the wheels. Original silver or a gunmetal would be better. Black wheels usually get lost in the wheel well.

x2. Only thing I think when I see C4 Sawblades is this:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
^that's a salad shooter...

Corvettes are both fun AND cool. I'm happy for you @yevgenievich ! I think it's totally rad and like @Old77 says, you can have all the fun in the world with it...very promising! :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

**** yeah!

:3639243774_5f528137

Michael buffer is the best and I won't argue with you about it either! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl