What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Where did she get the radiator support from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Lmc has them for 259.00 18 gauge as well
I wish I knew so I could tell everyone not to buy one of those , 99.00 bucks it is junk

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Lmc has them for 259.00 18 gauge as well
I wish I knew so I could tell everyone not to buy one of those , 99.00 bucks it is junk
Don't be too hard on the wife, she meant well!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I agree she meant well ! She was trying to help ! I will just regroup!

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
My exhaust is setup like yours except 3" all the way with dual flow masters and mine dont come out from underneith, they have just the 90°bend tips tilted 45°down twords the ground.

Only reason I didnt do that and make it easy on myself is cause I already had the exhaust kit for the 73-87 on hand and thought id make it with that. I am kinda happy I did since it tucks so nicely under and around so as to have very little hanging below the mufflers.
I really wantrd to do pass through fender exhaust but since im keeping the truck basically stock I thought it may be too gaudy.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Installed my 8 luggers :rocking:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well put a new vacuum advance on my distributor, before I put my radiator support on . Mostly so I could access it easier! Long story short , radiator supports are not all created equal . The wife bought it , trying to save a dollar as she does most of the time ! I spent hours running a tap thru thread holes , because no screws would just go in easily the thing is thin ! Painted it ,doesn’t line up good with fenders wich I’ve bought new ones from AMD that are of good quality. Haven’t put them on yet because I want to paint them . Not happy! will be buying a new one DOT certified ! Sorry not short at all ! China crap

Thats one part I have had no problem finding rust free even around these parts. Had 2-3 to choose from. One I got ($100) I had blasted and powder coated.....looks amazing. Going to pick up an OE left fender too for $45. Mine has an odd dent - not worth messing with for <$50. My original was rotted in one corner from a battery leak.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So - does anyone know of a source for plug wires that would have the nub for the ring ?

Xcel parts says the AC Delco ones do not have it - WTF?

:wtf:
I assume you're talking about these? MSD HEI boots. The pic is from Pep Boys but can be found elsewhere.
You must be registered for see images attach

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thats one part I have had no problem finding rust free even around these parts. Had 2-3 to choose from. One I got ($100) I had blasted and powder coated.....looks amazing. Going to pick up an OE left fender too for $45. Mine has an odd dent - not worth messing with for <$50. My original was rotted in one corner from a battery leak.
Yes powder coating is the way to go . I just painted mine black acrylic enamel, looked great and that’s all , yep same thing on mine leaking battery , got tray inner fender and that side of radiator support. Bought new inner fender it’s just as good as original in strength. Battery tray is heavy duty! Got 2 new fenders well pleased with those from AMD going to seal and paint them inside and out before installing them.
You did the best thing just getting OE part . Body work sucks and my bed is a long bed. Tree fell on it before I got the truck , will just find a replacement! Get my cab and front end looking good first .

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I assume you're talking about these? MSD HEI boots. The pic is from Pep Boys but can be found elsewhere.

Yup - I read where Taylor wires may offer them, but could not get my vehicle selection to "stick" on the phone to see.

I like popping the ring and having all the wires stay attached to it.

Great idea - why dick something up, you aftermarket pricks ...

:mad:

CrazyArk

Reaction score
First Name
Ark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 High Sierra
Engine Size
355 (0.030+)
Well, more of a second part to my last post which was made when I got to NY.

May not be repair end, but I recently took my 34+ year old square from northern AZ clear to NY, and then came back with my motorcycle, and a overloaded U-Haul behind it.

Saw a nice few squares along the way, and one near Bucket's home stomping grounds that had wicked head rests. ...Coming back across Oklahoma was fun, seeing the speed.. 65, ok, 70? Umm... 75? Not a chance with this trailer. 80?! ...Your smoking good stuff, this things as aerodynamic as a brick and im hauling an even less aerodynamic brick behind it, while geared for 55-60!

So in short, stress tested the heck out of that truck and my back. Back didnt fare well, that truck held up like a champ! Only part it ever hated, and most vehicles hate, is that absolutely wicked grade west of Albequerque NM. But dang was it one pleasant vehicle to do that run in.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, more of a second part to my last post which was made when I got to NY.

May not be repair end, but I recently took my 34+ year old square from northern AZ clear to NY, and then came back with my motorcycle, and a overloaded U-Haul behind it.

Saw a nice few squares along the way, and one near Bucket's home stomping grounds that had wicked head rests. ...Coming back across Oklahoma was fun, seeing the speed.. 65, ok, 70? Umm... 75? Not a chance with this trailer. 80?! ...Your smoking good stuff, this things as aerodynamic as a brick and im hauling an even less aerodynamic brick behind it, while geared for 55-60!

So in short, stress tested the heck out of that truck and my back. Back didnt fare well, that truck held up like a champ! Only part it ever hated, and most vehicles hate, is that absolutely wicked grade west of Albequerque NM. But dang was it one pleasant vehicle to do that run in.

Interesting thought about geared for 55 to 60 MPH. Mine will cruise at 70 ish, but not much left beyond that. It would also be interesting to see if the mileage would be any better at 60, but keeping up ( more or less ) with traffic is probably the saner approach.

More "Putter Power" for me - swapped # 5 & 6 plugs after cleaning # 6.

I was going to change them all while I did wires, but the wires ain't happening, so ...

:p

Changed the crankcase breather filter in the air cleaner, checked timing and upped it a degree or so, and changed the fuel filter.

Idles pretty smooth, but that will last until 6 & 8 start fouling up again.

I had cleaned 8 a few weeks ago, and rehooked the EFE since we had some cooler mornings.

Also topped off the coolant overflow bottle- no idea where that went, but the heater saw some usage so maybe an air pocket - who knows.

110K ( coming up ) 40 year old science experiment that I semi daily drive.

Always something.
.:happy175:

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok I found a dual headlight radiator support $75 he had a bed as well guess what sold . But it’s a good original part !

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Got the '77 out on Saturday to take my youngest (6 years old) to his basketball practice. He doesn't get to go for a ride with just he and I very often so it was a nice little treat and who knows how many more nice weekends we'll have this year :)

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Installed the old school perlux fog lights so my lighting will be period correct. Took them off my 88 blazer parts truck, got new bulbs and put them on. I’ll see how well they light the road tomorrow. I’m very happy with the look though.

Ben

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I found a pair of 90% tread BFG mud terrains laying in a ditch last week. Today I mounted them on some rims and found out they were free of holes!

And no, I clearly am not above pulling tires from a ditch :rofl:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub