What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Its hype because at the different rates the two metal types expand and constrict, theres more to it than I can remember, but at work we have ss wire to weld on stainless trailer door openings

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Indeed. Stainless does contract and expand at different rates then mild steel. This could cause a weld done on the face of a 2d plane to "pop off" so to speak. The fill material that binds will contract out of the "pocket" and dislodge when using resistance welders due to the metals not heating at the same rate(stainless gets hot quick and cools quick). I was using wire feed flux on sleeved pipe so no real worries there since the contact is at the wire it heats both metals quicker than the expansion can take place giving both metals proper temp to weld. I understand the metallurgy, chemistry, physics and vernacular of it all well enough(to screw up) to have only had formal training 20+ years ago..,LOL

What I dont understand "the hype" is why people try and make it seem more difficult than it is. You know what I mean. I understand giving technical advice and tips to make it work better ,but Ive had people on a welding site try and lead me away from doing the exhaust the way I did. It was as if my success was somehow demeaning to their trade knowledge. I know my way wasnt ideal but it will hold indefinitely.

I have a very close friend who owns Hard Knock Knives Forge and he has faced similar sermons from trolls who say his work isnt worth doing the way he does it because there is a better way to do it. He gets from $200-$600 a knife and every one of them is hand forged and worked....and he has dudes in their mommas garage... making BS from knife blanks ordered off wish,ali baba, who wanna tell him how to do what he does.

So yeah In this case the hype is just another way to speak on the haters maybe? I dunno.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Couldn’t order just 1 stud the other day so got a set and they showed up today. Got them pressed in. While the rotor was of I went ahead and packed the bearings. Brake pads were actually still good so will maybe do them this spring. The shock is pretty wore out tho so will probably do them will we’re down for Christmas. Was gonna do the left side but this wore me out. Maybe before I go back to work Monday I’ll pack the driver’s side bearings. So now I’m just chilling looking out the garage door waiting for the therapist to finish up with Tina.

You must be registered for see images attach

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I finally got O'l Yeller running again after 2 weeks and buying another car to replace it.

I need it again since the title on the Burb got signed wrong by the owner, and it might be up to 8 weeks before I can get it registered.

The motor is so incredibly worn out that it leaves a smoke screen everywhere it goes (even after rebuilding the cylinder for head!!!!!) and has basically no compression, yet it runs smooth and still pulls hard.

I'm already running 20w50, what can I do to make it last through these 8 weeks? It burns/leaks a quart every 50-100 miles, and has so much blow by that it would regularly blow the oil cap off before I got a screw in type.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Removed the lines and tanks today. Power washed it - tomorrow a wire wheel and pulling the leaf springs. Getting painted (hopefully) by the weekend.

Need to find another set of the brackets for the exhaust hangers for the right side.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Did she bust off? Need a start-up vid.

Drank way too much beer last night for the election and was to sad and tired when I got home from work today. :oops:

Didn't even drink beer tonite. I get home about 4 and was watching TV for a little while and thought I'm tired I might just got to bed. I looked at the clock and it was only 6pm. Lol

I'll shoot one when I get to fire it up.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Number 8 wire, and checked the plug. Wite still worked, but this one sure looks better.

However, not a fan of these Carquest wires.

See what is missing? I still have the ring on the distributor that holds the wires - well, 7 of them ...

:rolleyes:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Got the skip white distributor in and new plugs, wires and regapping of plugs to .045. Fired right up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Retarded timing as it was idling high. I'll dial it on tomorrow. Here's a pic of timing mark. Idk what degree it is as there's no numbers on the tab. Thinking that the big v is 0 and its at first point.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
You can tell where I've previously parked in my parking lot at work.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
You can tell where I've previously parked in my parking lot at work.

My old gal had incontinence problems, too. Now, she mainly just has the smoking habit ...

:D

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Wait........WHAT????? They're not supposed to leak fluids????

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Wait........WHAT????? They're not supposed to leak fluids????
Yea, the rear main/front seals are shot.

I should have replaced them when I had the motor out.

I replaced the oil pan gasket, some freeze plugs, a rod bearing, but not the rear main seal (the leak didn't start until recently though).

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Got the skip white distributor in and new plugs, wires and regapping of plugs to .045. Fired right up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Retarded timing as it was idling high. I'll dial it on tomorrow. Here's a pic of timing mark. Idk what degree it is as there's no numbers on the tab. Thinking that the big v is 0 and its at first point.

Oh ****! Lmfao!! I don't know why joe biden is on there i meant to post the video of the engine running after I regapping the plugs and new distributor and wires. Sorry about that. Here's the right one.

Now it won't let me share this one off my youtube account. Wtf I copied the link just like always and it say GMSB won't let you share this media.

What the hell happened? Is anyone else having problems with this? I posted the video in my build thread but can't here.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Oh ****! Lmfao!! I don't know why joe biden is on there i meant to post the video of the engine running after I regapping the plugs and new distributor and wires. Sorry about that. Here's the right one.

Now it won't let me share this one off my youtube account. Wtf I copied the link just like always and it say GMSB won't let you share this media.

What the hell happened? Is anyone else having problems with this? I posted the video in my build thread but can't here.
No idea, perhaps "big brother" deem the sleepy Joe stuff misinformation and you have been flagged. You know how we "deplorables" are

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus