What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Number 8 wire, and checked the plug. Wite still worked, but this one sure looks better.

However, not a fan of these Carquest wires.

See what is missing? I still have the ring on the distributor that holds the wires - well, 7 of them ...

:rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

So - does anyone know of a source for plug wires that would have the nub for the ring ?

Xcel parts says the AC Delco ones do not have it - WTF?

:wtf:

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Went to put the exhaust pipe in that I received from Carid, and of course, it wasn't an exact fit. Went to the parts store and bought some clamps, 45 degree fittings, and some exhaust silicone. Cut the pipe in two different spots. Used one piece as a coupler. Clamped everything together as I don't own a welder. The outlet stuck out further than I liked so I cut it off a little. Nice to see the exhaust coming from the end of the pipe instead of various places under the truck.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
While under the truck installing the new exhaust I found another item for the fix-it list. The picture doesn't show most of the degradation.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Semi finished thee exhaust today. Still want to point it a little back and make a tip of some sort.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Semi finished thee exhaust today. Still want to point it a little back and make a tip of some sort.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Id tip them down a little to evacuate any moisture. Nice mud wasp nests too! Lol

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Id tip them down a little to evacuate any moisture. Nice mud wasp nests too! Lol
I agree. Honestly them being pointed up is a condition of me not being a good fabricator. I did it all by eye and then held it with my hands to tack it up off the truck. It should and is supposed to be pointed down slightly and a little higher up to boot. Im gonna cut some out when I install tips and re position it then.
The mud wasp add 7hp to whole shebang. Like stick on canards and cowls,LOL

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

Sounds good! I have mine in front of the rear wheels just like that. I like it but, would point them down a little bit. Good job.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Well. Messed with the timing and think I got it at 10* btdc if I'm right about where 0 is on tab.

This HF timing light has been good

Idles at about 800 which I might turn down the idle to around 700 but, its not bad.

I'm gonna drive it around tomorrow and see how it does. I took it for a ride tonite around the block and it seems good. I break the tires loose with a little feather oh the throttle. So I'm liking this. I need to get some wood and concrete tomorrow. So it'll be right to work.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Well. Messed with the timing and think I got it at 10* btdc if I'm right about where 0 is on tab.

This HF timing light has been good

Idles at about 800 which I might turn down the idle to around 700 but, its not bad.

I'm gonna drive it around tomorrow and see how it does. I took it for a ride tonite around the block and it seems good. I break the tires loose with a little feather oh the throttle. So I'm liking this. I need to get some wood and concrete tomorrow. So it'll be right to work.

When I went to time mine I kept getting readings indicating my timing was too far retarded when it was running well. When i would try to correct it would instantly die. I timed it by ear and eye and runs like a scalded dog. Im thinking my timing indicator got put back one set of bolts too low when i did the rebuild.

So how do you like that Tachometer. I have the matching temp gauge and am considering buying that tach in white to match my temp gauge.

A blip of the throttle just gives my an ear-ache at this point. I still have a 3.08 open diff and 2200-ish stall. AS soon as and I mean as soon as I have $700 to spare im doing a truetrac with 4:10/11

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I agree. Honestly them being pointed up is a condition of me not being a good fabricator. I did it all by eye and then held it with my hands to tack it up off the truck. It should and is supposed to be pointed down slightly and a little higher up to boot. Im gonna cut some out when I install tips and re position it then.
The mud wasp add 7hp to whole shebang. Like stick on canards and cowls,LOL
My exhaust is setup like yours except 3" all the way with dual flow masters and mine dont come out from underneith, they have just the 90°bend tips tilted 45°down twords the ground.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well put a new vacuum advance on my distributor, before I put my radiator support on . Mostly so I could access it easier! Long story short , radiator supports are not all created equal . The wife bought it , trying to save a dollar as she does most of the time ! I spent hours running a tap thru thread holes , because no screws would just go in easily the thing is thin ! Painted it ,doesn’t line up good with fenders wich I’ve bought new ones from AMD that are of good quality. Haven’t put them on yet because I want to paint them . Not happy! will be buying a new one DOT certified ! Sorry not short at all ! China crap

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
When I went to time mine I kept getting readings indicating my timing was too far retarded when it was running well. When i would try to correct it would instantly die. I timed it by ear and eye and runs like a scalded dog. Im thinking my timing indicator got put back one set of bolts too low when i did the rebuild.

So how do you like that Tachometer. I have the matching temp gauge and am considering buying that tach in white to match my temp gauge.

A blip of the throttle just gives my an ear-ache at this point. I still have a 3.08 open diff and 2200-ish stall. AS soon as and I mean as soon as I have $700 to spare im doing a truetrac with 4:10/11

I like the tach, seems to work well for the money

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Well put a new vacuum advance on my distributor, before I put my radiator support on . Mostly so I could access it easier! Long story short , radiator supports are not all created equal . The wife bought it , trying to save a dollar as she does most of the time ! I spent hours running a tap thru thread holes , because no screws would just go in easily the thing is thin ! Painted it ,doesn’t line up good with fenders wich I’ve bought new ones from AMD that are of good quality. Haven’t put them on yet because I want to paint them . Not happy! will be buying a new one DOT certified ! Sorry not short at all ! China crap
Where did she get the radiator support from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have no idea it’s been at least 3 months ago , but I remember her saying I found one for 100 bucks . I said well I will try it now since you bought it , I know the 18 gauge ones I’ve saw are minimum 259.00
This thing is paper thin you can literally bend it with your hand ,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1