What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Finally got the engine, trans, and t-case out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Everything was leaking and incredibly filthy. Just going to clean the TH-400 for now as it was working fine and will be replaced with a 4L80 this next winter probably.

NP205 is getting fully rebuilt and painted. New 350 will be getting assembled maybe this weekend and then clean/paint the frame/engine bay before slapping it all back together. Here’s pics of the reason for disassembly...

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

Everything was leaking and incredibly filthy. Just going to clean the TH-400 for now as it was working fine and will be replaced with a 4L80 this next winter probably.

NP205 is getting fully rebuilt and painted. New 350 will be getting assembled maybe this weekend and then clean/paint the frame/engine bay before slapping it all back together. Here’s pics of the reason for disassembly...

**Knock knock**

"Whos there?......."

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
**Knock knock**

"Whos there?......."
Its hard to tell, but that middle picture at the bottom is the pile of random metal bits at the bottom of the oil pan. It hit the bottom hard enough after gouging out the side of the pan to knock the oil pickup tube right out of the pump. Both 7 and 8 rods are no longer attached to the crank and the crank is banged up well beyond repair. Also there is a good amount of coolant that leaked out of that rip while I was removing the motor, so I'm sure the block is FUBAR also. Thankfully I got a free 4-bolt main 350 from a guy in a local squarebody group here and had it rebuilt, so I'll have something to run until I get the 454/4L80 wiring and programming dialed in. Then I'll pull the rebuilt 350/TH400 and sell it to someone locally if I haven't acquired another project to drop them into before then.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Its hard to tell, but that middle picture at the bottom is the pile of random metal bits at the bottom of the oil pan. It hit the bottom hard enough after gouging out the side of the pan to knock the oil pickup tube right out of the pump. Both 7 and 8 rods are no longer attached to the crank and the crank is banged up well beyond repair. Also there is a good amount of coolant that leaked out of that rip while I was removing the motor, so I'm sure the block is FUBAR also. Thankfully I got a free 4-bolt main 350 from a guy in a local squarebody group here and had it rebuilt, so I'll have something to run until I get the 454/4L80 wiring and programming dialed in. Then I'll pull the rebuilt 350/TH400 and sell it to someone locally if I haven't acquired another project to drop them into before then.

She mustve had that thing pegged at 8,000 rpms, or at least to the point the gas was being consumed quicker than the carb could supply it lol

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
She mustve had that thing pegged at 8,000 rpms, or at least to the point the gas was being consumed quicker than the carb could supply it lol
I’m going to tear it all the way down just to see how bad it really is. I’m sure the carnage will be impressive

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I’m going to tear it all the way down just to see how bad it really is. I’m sure the carnage will be impressive

if it's a daily driver, I'd save the old engine/trans if it's running good. Then you don't have to listen to the wife bitch about that "damn truck" if/when the engine goes out lol.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I borrowed my buddy's little tractor so I could till the garden for my wife. While I have it, I've been using it for all the random jobs I've needed to do that involved a lot of lifting. I also moved truck parts around. I guess I sorta have a crew cab short bed truck now.

It's a Johnny Cash truck, I'm getting it one peice at a time. '89 C&C frame, '85 cab and an '81? bed.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I been there!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I borrowed my buddy's little tractor so I could till the garden for my wife. While I have it, I've been using it for all the random jobs I've needed to do that involved a lot of lifting. I also moved truck parts around. I guess I sorta have a crew cab short bed truck now.

It's a Johnny Cash truck, I'm getting it one peice at a time. '89 C&C frame, '85 cab and an '81? bed.
I like the stepper bed!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10