What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Say would anyone have a rear end pinion yoke for a 10 bolt, 30 spline with like a 1.96" cup seat i believe? What happened was the previous owner swapped from an automatic to manual (poorly) and swapped to a manual driveshaft for the rear. the rear end cup size on the drive shaft was just barely too big for the 10 bolt yoke and he stripped the yoke, and half-assed that connection, later resulting in the driveshaft to snap. To resolve this, does anyone have or know of where i can get the yoke described above? Is it possible he stole the driveshaft from a 14-bolt manual? Would a 14-bolt 30 spline yoke work on my 10 bolt?

You must be registered for see images attach

ev
on that note, any problem leaving hubs locked all the time?

no problem at all.If that’s what you decide to do,make sure your front drive shaft is greased up,mainly the ball in the cv joint.There’s a little indention in the casting that takes a needle attachment tip.203 transfercase front shafts turn all the time,unless converted and running locking hubs.All 3 of the American automaker’s trucks these days are unit bearings and the front driveshaft spins at all times.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just finished puttin in a new vinyl floor, a new Alpine stereo with CD, a new amp for my Sub, and my two 32 year old Alpine amps for the front and rear speakers. Those old *** amps are a lot cleaner sounding than the new ***** ones. They've been in my Camaro and 5 different trucks now.

Also moved my 6 month old Focal 6x9s from the doors to behind the seat in boxes, and put in new Rockford Fosgate 6x9s in the doors.

Haven't finished trimming the Vinyl floor yet. Need a few hot days to settle it in a little better.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Got off my ass and got the 'Beast' inspected today and registered, so now sporting a new sticker!! Then after lunch reinstalled my old Pioneer Stereo and CD player and it sounds much better since I replaced the two dash speakers. The old ones weren't even plugged up when I got the truck, what a difference that made! Imagine that!!! lol Next will be installing the Cobra CB if I don't partake of too much Lone Star today but it's not lookin' good!!! LOL What the hell, it will give me something to do tomorrow!!:party52:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well 2 days ago i pulled the battery out of the ol 78 as its been sitting parked at work for probly a year and started probly every 2 weeks. But the 8 year old napa battery got weak and died so i pulled it and slapped it on the charger for 5 hours. Popped it back in and fired it up, blew out the cob webs and let er run for a few. Just to keep her active.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Got off my ass and got the 'Beast' inspected today and registered, so now sporting a new sticker!! Then after lunch reinstalled my old Pioneer Stereo and CD player and it sounds much better since I replaced the two dash speakers. The old ones weren't even plugged up when I got the truck, what a difference that made! Imagine that!!! lol Next will be installing the Cobra CB if I don't partake of too much Lone Star today but it's not lookin' good!!! LOL What the hell, it will give me something to do tomorrow!!:party52:
Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but is the use of CB radio still a common practice? If so I need to find one for ole Bessie

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but is the use of CB radio still a common practice? If so I need to find one for ole Bessie

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Yes, it is but probably not near what it was back in the 70's!! I remember going on the 'Fox Hunts' on Friday & Saturday nights in school, was the big thing back then and a blast! I have generally always had a cb in my vehicle and over the years they have saved my ass a couple times. Now with cell phones and instant communication they have kind of gone the way but I'm still a believer. When the network goes down that cell phone will be totally useless!! I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!!:smoke2: Plus the Troopers still generally monitor Channel 9!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I installed the stock steering arm, New ball joints. Wow, steers like a new truck. No more clunk from the raised steering arm. Replaced fuse in retro sound radio, advanced timing a scoush. Lightened up the fridge a little.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yes, it is but probably not near what it was back in the 70's!! I remember going on the 'Fox Hunts' on Friday & Saturday nights in school, was the big thing back then and a blast! I have generally always had a cb in my vehicle and over the years they have saved my ass a couple times. Now with cell phones and instant communication they have kind of gone the way but I'm still a believer. When the network goes down that cell phone will be totally useless!! I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!!:smoke2: Plus the Troopers still generally monitor Channel 9!
I have a cobra cb in my burban!

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I drove it to jury duty yesterday.
So I took a few photos in its parking place in the garage at the courthouse.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Excellent station choice...The Bear.
There used to be a rock station here in PA in my younger years called the bear!! It was the best station around! But it turned into 97.9X and other then the free beer and hot wings show in the morning... its sucks! I miss the bear!!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
And of course a peak at the project, big moves coming up soon...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara