What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finally painted the cab and doors. Only thing left is the bed and tailgate. Starting to reassemble the small things.

You must be registered for see images attach

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I installed the stock steering arm, New ball joints. Wow, steers like a new truck. No more clunk from the raised steering arm. Replaced fuse in retro sound radio, advanced timing a scoush. Lightened up the fridge a little.
Looks like you’ve got quite the setup there. Nice job!

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
Out with the old transmission. And going to pick up the new stage 2 trans tomorrow morning .UPS also showed up this morning with my dirty dingo trans crossmember . old one is all hacked up .

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
:cheers:

J-Bob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C/10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images
Got the bottom end together a few weeks ago. Cam not degreed in yet. 406 -13cc flat tops, Lunati 20120712, pistons .005 in hole in 817 block. Been working too much lately. Got a new bed for it too. You can see the drive shaft etc. through its bed now! Fun stuff!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Finally painted the cab and doors. Only thing left is the bed and tailgate. Starting to reassemble the small things.

Like the white with the black grill :waytogo: :headbang:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I believe im safe to say im almost done wjth my th400.

Just gotta do fluid pump bushings, rings, and seal, with halves' alignment, set it in, check endplay, shim as necessary. I checked it wayyyyyy earlier when it had no VB or pan, and it looked good, so i shouldnt have to take the whole damn thing back apart. I can just play with shimming under the pump washer.

C10 is peaking at me like..... bro.... quick ******* taking pics and get me running!

Last edited:

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I believe im safe to say im almost done wjth my th400.

Just gotta do bushings, rings, and seal, with half alignment, set it in, check endplay, shim as necessary. I checked it wayyyyyy earlier when it had no VB or pan, and it looked good, so i shouldnt have to take the whole damn thing back apart. I can just play with shimming under the pump washer.

C10 is peaking at me like..... bro.... quick ******* taking pics and get me running!

Did you go with a manual VB or trans brake?

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Did you go with a manual VB or trans brake?
With the couple mods to the VB i made, it'll hold manual 1 and 2 forever until i upshift and in 3, shift on its own now.
Setup the same as my suburban's 700r4.

I like it that way, may change to full manual eventually, but i guess this, for now, is "semi manual"

I decided against the transbrake, because of how it shortens the life of your front pump when you're doing anymore than HAULING ASS. (Haha)

Sitting at a light, or drive thru, or cruise in, whatever, it's always maxed out on fluid pressure. Theres a sort of valve i think i can buy that limits pressure, and i can dump it when i launch the truck, but that was gonna be another.... 700-800$.... so... for now i'll hold off

This will be a hard shifting SOB that should smack gears really fast.

3rd is dual fed properly, 1st and 3rd gear has 6 clutches each, 2nd is 4 clutches, all clutch drum tolerances are set fairly tight, but safely tight. Red eagle clutches, regular steels, no waves for shift softening, 1-2 accumulator has been modded for a hard shift effect. Kevlar bands, upgraded 34 element spruage direct drum. No walk tailshaft bushing, boost valve in pump, every seal and bushing replaced, drums air checked for apply, etc etc, and with a B&M shift kit which essentially comes down to check balls and drilling out the seperator plate for a higher fluid flow to the fwd gears.

Im no expert, but this will be a mean sob.

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I lastly need to send off my 6 lug TC to be reclutched for 2500 stall, with a general reman, and rebalance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robo