What are your emmissions testing laws in your state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
no emissions here in good ol sc. heck i think you could drive anything here, i ran straight exhaust for a couple months, one time i downshifted and gave it some gas infront of a police (without realizing he was there) and he just sat there. pretty sure i was speeding too. thats another thing, police just DONT pull me over and i know ive passed many going 10-15 over. but i hear of people gettin pulled over for like 5 over. maybe the po po respect the squares :Big Laugh:

elstm3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
lynn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 crew cab dually
Engine Size
6.2 twin turbo diesel
Montana- Nothin at all. you dont even get in trouble for running open header unless your driving around residential streets at 2 am lol

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Man you guys and gals got it made. I can't believe how strict it is here compared to the rest of the country. :025:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Man you guys and gals got it made. I can't believe how strict it is here compared to the rest of the country. :025:

I'm not even sure why Pa is that strict :shrug: Heck, there are several folks here where you take your car in for an inspection, the walk around it and then just sign off the ticket :roflbow:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I dont know the details in other states like I do here, But you would think that the smog ****'s,(if they were really doing it for the environment, and not money) would allow you to upgrade an older vehicle with new tecnology, without a shitload of ******** red tape. Like an ultra clean diesel, but I cant change fuel flavors in Ca, eben with all of the clean diesel tech that blows Gas engines out of the water, when it comes to emissions.

Last edited:

Shawn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350; 700R4
In WA, it's vehicles between 5-25 years old. I just made the cut when I bought my '87 in January :big_banana_Dance:

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
Montana- Nothin at all. you dont even get in trouble for running open header unless your driving around residential streets at 2 am lol

I knew Montana was pretty lenient. I heard they don't have speed limits in certain places?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OKlahoma- No Smog Inspection, No Safety Inspection, Must show proof of insurance to get annual tag or title transfer is all.

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
All emissions testing is for, is a revenue gathering for government, and a way to ensure people are driving nothing older than 15 years old. Which is "good for the economy" according to Keynesian foolish accounting mental retardation.. Forcing people to junk older cars because "they" don't like them, and want as many gone as possible. I remember in TX when I was a kid, nothing but 40's, 50's, and 60's era cars were what most teenagers drove. Emissions laws came along, and now all you see in El Paso is the stupid little fart can jelly bean cars. I really hope they all didn't just get junked out. Basically when they made it so it wasn't economically viable to drive a 40's or whatever car daily, the only ones left to keep them were the serious (meaning ones with $$$) collectors to have them, the rest just disappeared. Where'd they all go I always wonder..

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
None in the county i live in,, but there is safety inspection.. windshield lights brakes,, unless ya know someone,, then they look out the window and go ok.......
we dont have smog,, the winds always blowing..

there is up north in salt lake,,but like other have said,, its only for revenue...

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
With my digital gauges its extremely easy to "hide" miles if necessary for these purposes :D

How do you hide miles with a digital gauge? I have a new Camaro I want to try that trick on when I sell it.

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
None in the county i live in,, but there is safety inspection.. windshield lights brakes,, unless ya know someone,, then they look out the window and go ok.......
we dont have smog,, the winds always blowing..

there is up north in salt lake,,but like other have said,, its only for revenue...

I'll second that. I had mine tested last week and the guy said they don't have emissions requirements on my engine. He was shocked to see a 454. Said it was the first one he has worked with. Any emissions equipment was just for cudos appearantly.

ben h

Reaction score
First Name
ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
none in minnesota and glad to see that there is none in montana ill be moving there soon

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size

That's why when I retire from the Army I'll be moving back there. Plus they use sand for the roads instead of that cancer causing salt they apply so abundantly here in Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade