Venture a guess…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
I don't know what this means ^^^^^,neither does my son. I'm assuming it's directed at me. IDC, ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. There are literally 100s of things you can control with a toggle,for what we know whatever it controlled isn't even there anymore. There's a leak under my truck, what is it has a better chance of getting an accurate answer. Here's one for you,my dad lives in kansas, what size are my pants
Umm so actually, it was directed at the guy who posted the 737 flight deck photo… I suspect he’s an airline pilot who was in the flight deck jumpseat. I’m also an airline pilot so I was saying he can relate to having loads of switches, and the way in which we don’t move switches just for the sake of moving them. That’s all man. Nothing more.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I like throwing unknown switches and pushing weird buttons on newly purchased vehicles. There's really only three things that can happen.

1: "Oh cool, it does xxxx"
2: "Hmm, I don't see anything happening"
3: "It must have a problem because it's smoking"

For me it's usually scenario #2, the boring one.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
This thread is hilarious… serious questions from @wildgoose and love these reponses! Those switches are half the fun of these old trucks especially when you figure it out and say “that’s cool”…. Keep digging and report back…..:popcorn:
My toggles are actually factory, but had no idea what the heck they did. I accidentally changed the position on one without realizing. Next time I drove the truck, none of the lights worked. Spent quite a while diagnosing this and that. Research finally revealed that those switches were blackout switches…oops

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When I got my square, there were 3 toggles . It used to be a diesel that was converted to gas. They were used for ignition and momentary start.

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
I like throwing unknown switches and pushing weird buttons on newly purchased vehicles. There's really only three things that can happen.

1: "Oh cool, it does xxxx"
2: "Hmm, I don't see anything happening"
3: "It must have a problem because it's smoking"

For me it's usually scenario #2, the boring one.
Or 4: “wow, that snapped off pretty easily…”

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I went back and found your into post, no picture of the Rat.

Okay, enough about those switches. I would like to see the rat engine you have hiding under the hood of your pretty blue truck. Michael would you please post an engine picture. Maybe one of these forum jokester's will even spot something not factory that hooks to that switch.

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
I went back and found your into post, no picture of the Rat.

Okay, enough about those switches. I would like to see the rat engine you have hiding under the hood of your pretty blue truck. Michael would you please post an engine picture. Maybe one of these forum jokester's will even spot something not factory that hooks to that switch.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1584.jpeg
    IMG_1584.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 41

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Thanks y’all… no idea where the current engine came from… originally this truck was a diesel with two fuel tanks but now with the Rat installed (didn’t know that term until reading it here) it only has one gas tank on left side. Someone obviously did an engine swap at some point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMblood