Venture a guess…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well since you figured out the push button was for the horn it only makes sense that the toggle is for the horn recall. Comes in handy to prevent road rage. For instance, a rice burner brake checks you so you lay on the horn to show your displeasure so the car stops and to your shock out jumps a couple of thugs with 45's and they rush your vehicle. What you gonna do? Recall! Situation averted.

Last edited:

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
I know this is gonna sound absurd but have to tried pushing the button or flipping the switch?
Well the button looked like a horn button, felt like a horn button and smelled like a horn button, so I pushed it and I’ll be damned, it made the horn quack so I’m guessing it’s proven to be the horn button.

The toggle switch… at first, no I didn’t flip the switch. I had a good look at it last night for the first time while checking the exterior lights with the engine off. Took a closer look at the switch and it seemed securely fastened so with the battery on I flipped it from one position to the other and back again. We didn’t notice anything happen, but I’ll definitely take the time to trace the wire behind the dash when I have more time.

I’m not a fan of just throwing switches without knowing what they are wired to… would like to assume it’s wired to the dome light to allow it to switch on with doors closed. But that’s pure speculation on my part. I’ll replace the dome light bulb, trace the wires behind the switch and see where that leads.

Last edited:

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Don’t y’all know… ejection seats have pull handles, not switches. Thanks for playing.

I was kicking around the idea of getting that convoluted plastic wire loom and painting yellow stripes on it. Then forming it into a pair of loops to attach to the headrests of the car. However, headrests are too low and you'd just end up with them on the back of your head.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Or converter lockup or lockout for 700r4. Way too many possibilities to just guess.

Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Well since you figured out the push button was for the horn it only makes sense that the toggle is for the horn recall. Comes in handy to prevent road rage. For instance, a rice burner brake checks you so you lay on the horn to show your displeasure so the car stops and to your shock out jumps a couple of thugs with 45's and they rush your vehicle. What you gonna do? Recall! Situation averted.
That's a legitimate scenario for today's world. make sure your rig is always tuned up and has the balls to get the FO when you need to lol.

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
This thread is hilarious… serious questions from @wildgoose and love these reponses! Those switches are half the fun of these old trucks especially when you figure it out and say “that’s cool”…. Keep digging and report back…..:popcorn:
I’m hoping for an APU ignition switch but would settle for far less.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
How about the windshield washer?

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
I can relate to having a few buttons to deal with from time to time…. Sometimes I Think the airplane is easier than Eastons square!
Finally… someone that can relate. Excuse me there Captain Jump Seater Guy… please transfer the bleeds as my FO seems to have forgotten.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Finally… someone that can relate. Excuse me there Captain Jump Seater Guy… please transfer the bleeds as my FO seems to have forgotten.
I don't know what this means ^^^^^,neither does my son. I'm assuming it's directed at me. IDC, ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. There are literally 100s of things you can control with a toggle,for what we know whatever it controlled isn't even there anymore. There's a leak under my truck, what is it has a better chance of getting an accurate answer. Here's one for you,my dad lives in kansas, what size are my pants

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
It controls the taillights,it's a starter solenoid cutout,it's a switch for an electric fan,it's a switch for the heater fan,it's a brake light cutout,it locks up the torque converter, it unlocks the torque converter. It retards ignition timing,it's for driving lights,it's for high beams, it turns on an amplifier,it's for exhaust cut outs,it's a license plate flipper,it kills power to the ignition. Coil. It used to control the dukes of hazard horn the previous owner kept,it cuts off fuel,it turns on a fuel pump.it turns on the kc daylights on the roll bar the previous owner kept, It turns on the license plate light,it turns.on the brake lights,It controls a windshield washer pump it controls a power interrupt relay, backuplights,it controls a second battery charging relay, it turns on a light in the bed shell,,turbo 400 kick down,it controls the plow lights. I could keep going but it won't help anything. There I gave you a bunch of real ideas if it's not of those come.on back I'll list a bunch of other WAGs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnabyjo