Uh oh...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Dry fitting 4 link bracket. might weld it up today. Depends on the wife. LOL. She won’t let me use gas in the garage this time of day. They’re home and it blows the smell into the house when the heater is running.

You must be registered for see images attach
Wanta help rebuild my rear??? Youve got tools and seem to know what your doing.... i dont :(

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
looks like mine but with the old drum brakes, need parts, I have a 12 bolt carrier I removed a couple months ago! good job!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
@78C10BigTen
I would brother but you’re about as far away from me as you can possibly get!
Well then do me a favor and consult me on all the specifics and such of how to do the pinion and all that... i think im gumna PM you....

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I have been sending a ton of brake clean down there. Any other way to flush it quicker? Or keep sending rags and brake clean ?

Don't forget the axle bearings. They will have as much crud as all the other bearings. If you were going to keep the axle in the truck a way to clean the axle tubes is to make a big "Q" tip. Take a wooden broom handle and fold a couple rags over the end. Then wrap one rag/towel over the folded rags and tape it to the broom handle.

With your axle removed, pressure washing is the way to go. Please do not use gasoline for cleaning Not a safe practice.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Don't forget the axle bearings. They will have as much crud as all the other bearings. If you were going to keep the axle in the truck a way to clean the axle tubes is to make a big "Q" tip. Take a wooden broom handle and fold a couple rags over the end. Then wrap one rag/towel over the folded rags and tape it to the broom handle.

With your axle removed, pressure washing is the way to go. Please do not use gasoline for cleaning Not a safe practice.
She was pressure washed. Axle bearings are here and ready to go. I still use gas for the nooks and crannies with a wire toothbrush looking thing. I keep it in a little cup and don’t use very much. It’s cheaper than brake clean and gets what the wire wheels can’t.

For the most part, Grease and crud build up on the exterior of the diff laughs at the pressure washer

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Dry fitting the axle and the 4 link. dropped the gas tank it was full. Let it sit over night went to put it back up and gas cane out of that little plastic skid plate. Thought there was a hole in the tank. Didn’t see any hole so up she went.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lame little c notch “designed” for this truck fit like crap. Ended up trimming it. Going to plate the inside of the frame where the notch went. Also going to weld the pan hard bar to that plated area.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
On the road again
Sits a little lower than I though. But the springs are the wrong ones. Got these used they are 150lbs. QA1 recommends 200. But hey... they were cheap

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
On the road again
Sits a little lower than I though. But the springs are the wrong ones. Got these used they are 150lbs. QA1 recommends 200. But hey... they were cheap

Idr are you runnin leaves or coils

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Does it ride better with the 4 link? I know its lowered but...
My rear was setup by someone who didn’t care much about getting it right when it was leaf sprung. But I do feel like using coilovers to lower a vehicle makes it ride great at any height.
my setup is a little soft right now. But it already rides better than the leaf springs that were on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400