Power Locks Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jo89k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Ok, so I just recently got myself a "new to me" 89 Blazer Full Size. Truck is in great shape but the power door locks don't work, any ideas?

Also was this truck supposed to come with a remote?

1989 Blazer Silverado Package

Thanks for any help in advance

Jim

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
No squarebody ever received remote keyless entry from the factory.

If neither switch work, then I would start by checking for power at each switch with a test light, it will be the orange/black wire. If none, then check the fusebox, just above the PWR ACC circuit breaker is where the orange/black wire should plug in, make sure it is plugged in.

If you have power, then you will want to check for power at the actuators by probing each wire while working the switch.

You could have either bad switches, bad actuators or a wiring problem but start with the basics.

jo89k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
No squarebody ever received remote keyless entry from the factory.

If neither switch work, then I would start by checking for power at each switch with a test light, it will be the orange/black wire. If none, then check the fusebox, just above the PWR ACC circuit breaker is where the orange/black wire should plug in, make sure it is plugged in.

If you have power, then you will want to check for power at the actuators by probing each wire while working the switch.

You could have either bad switches, bad actuators or a wiring problem but start with the basics.

Ok thanks, I didn't think they did but figured I'd ask.

I'll get in there tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain and probe around, neither switch works on the drivers side, and the switch on the passenger side doesn't work either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squarebody322