post your worst stuck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Actaully the Olds was done by year model. Pretty sure the first year of the 455 was still red, then went to gold. The Teal funky Blue 455 in the early years was the Toronado motor with the big valve heads and the low profile intake. Then the later years, all the Olds motors went to the metallic Blue which was a pretty cool color, then when GM motors all went uniform color....

yea,, 1968 was the first year for the 455,, ive got one in a toronado and it is the funky blue,, i know where there is a 67 toronado and it has the 425 last year and it is red,,, as for the rest of them they did come in all the different colors,depending on the year, had to look it up in my olds book...

im not that up on olds....guess thats why the old dudes looked for certain colored motors.. never really did understand why though.......:hands:

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Last edited:

Bfortune1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
how the hell do I post a picture that's just in my documents on my computer

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
To attach an image to your post:

Rather than just selecting "Quick Reply" (under the last post) click the "Post Reply" button.

You will see an enhanced reply field.

At the top - above where you type your post - is an option to include a title for your response.

If you scroll down, till you're under the response field, you'll see "Additional Options".

The second available option is "Attach Files".

Hit "Manage Attachments" and you will see 2 different ways to post images and below that a matrix describing the size and type of images allowed. Like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

To post an image that you have on your hard disk;

In the top section, hit "Browse". It is next to the blank field that is labeled "upload file from your computer".

When you hit "browse", you will be able to see all the drives, folders, and files on your own hard disk.

Navigate to wherever the image you want to share is located. Double click it and it will appear (just the file name not the image) in the "upload file from your computer" field that was previously blank.

Note: When looking for an image to upload you will only see file names - this is the default setting. It is easier to see stuff if you select the "thumbnails" view on your window options. You have to re-select t-nails each time you go back to get another photo.

After you have selected an image, hit "upload" over to the right side.

It takes a few seconds but soon, the file will be gone from the "upload file from your computer field" and it will now be in the "current attachments' box.

If you have more images to post just go back up and hit browse again. Then select, and upload. Repeat till you are all done - they will stack up in the current attachments field. I think 5 is the limit.

To get out of "manage Attachments and back to the response box, hit "close this window" (either the one in the upper RH corner or at the bottom - it doesn't matter).

You'll be back to where you can type your text.

And under that field you'll see that your files are now in the "Attach Files" box.

Finish your typing, and then hit the "submit reply" button (either one - it doesn't matter).

You will see your post and the images that accompany it. To make any necessary changes - hit edit.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Jeez - that took a long frickin time to write.

If you try to write a decent step-by-step procedure - for a person who hasn't done it before - you realize how many steps are involved in seemingly easy procedures.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
yea,, 1968 was the first year for the 455,, ive got one in a toronado and it is the funky blue,, i know where there is a 67 toronado and it has the 425 last year and it is red,,, as for the rest of them they did come in all the different colors,depending on the year, had to look it up in my olds book...

im not that up on olds....guess thats why the old dudes looked for certain colored motors.. never really did understand why though.......:hands:

mmmm, I'd sure like to have that 67 Red 425 Motor. I had one that I brought back to life. Still have the crank in fact. Had to sell the block. Someday, I still might have my Olds BB squarebody, but now I also sold the Olds Motor Mounts.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Not a square body but from last march, going through Noble Co. ok almost got stuck about 500 times that day, traction control saved my a$$ a time or two that day along with shifting it out a few times. Fun times, ended up with the inside of the hood caked with red mud, and about 300 lbs of it stuck under the fenders.

Some days i wish i had one of those new ford raptors, just $50k for a work truck is a bit steep.

Northeast Ok they know how to do dirt roads, good base some gravel but out in wheat country no base slippery red clay.

Also FYI the new fangled electric fans don't like to get mud caked up on half of them, keep them clean otherwise the thing will shake shimmy and vibrate you to death. thankfully the only kicked on at low speeds

Attachments

• mud on gmc.jpg
    mud on gmc.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Here's probably my worst stuck, about 3 years ago I guess.

It took me a while to get it running good again, looking back now it probably wasn't worth it lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's probably my worst stuck, about 3 years ago I guess.

It took me a while to get it running good again, looking back now it probably wasn't worth it lol.

Yeah, might have over done it that time. That there is about the only real good reason for a high lift kit and bigger tires. I bet you were wishing you had about a 3 in body lift kit that time.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Ive had mine deeper then that but only for a few seconds before i backed out when i seen it was up past the turn signals.

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
Someday, I still might have my Olds BB squarebody
None of these stuck pics would exist if they all had 455's in them :D :D

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
more stuck pics please :popcorn:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I wasn't wishing for a body lift, I was wishing I had stayed on the bank lol. It's never a good thing when your butt gets wet while your sitting in the truck lol. The water actually came up between the backrest and cushion of the seat.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Ponds, lakes rivers, etc are off limits for me lol. Some of the regular mud bogs are bad enough but a pond/lake can have several feet of mushy mud on the bottom, and a river/big creek can have deep holes. Around here you just go out a ridge and you can have a cliff on one side, mountain on the other and the whole road it taken up by a bigmud bog. Or a wide area with several bogs. Sometimes you get lucky and there will be a path around the worst ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito