Pics of future 454 purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: That's exactly how I buy cars/trucks. I have cash in both pockets saying I only have so much so that is the max I can go. If he bumps me up a couple hundred or whatever and I feel like it's still a good deal then I got get money "out of the wife's purse" (i.e. my other pocket) :D haha!!! I've walked away from more than one deal, though, cuz the salesperson or owner wouldn't budge enough off their high asking price....

I hate power stuff that won't work! Not too long ago you may remember my rant on my lawn mower??? Well, the issue cropped back up again and I could not keep it started (brand new last year :banghead:) I said screw it, bought a new mower (different brand and motor design this time) and set the other one at the curb minus gas and did not hook the throttle back up to it when I put the gas tank back on it! :D It was gone by morning :lol:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
That's like that Poulan chainsaw I had out there too that day. ****** piece of ****! Sometimes it would run, sometimes it wouldn't. I cant tell ya how many times I took it on the hill to cut wood and pull my guts out on it and it wouldn't hit a lick. Get it home and it would run. Cant tell ya how many times I threw it across the yard in a fit of rage too lol. I took some parts off other saws I had, like a bar brake, 18" bar and chain, new oiler, changed the plug and fuel lines, enough to get it running and have a couple things to make it more desirable. Figured if I could get $30 out of it I would take it and run! That morning I gave it a few pulls and to my shock it fired right up. The guy who thought my labor was too expensive thought $30 was too much, said he'd give me $20. I told him I was firm on $30, if I couldn't get that out of it I'd keep it as a backup for my new Husky. He passed but another guy came, I showed him it fired right up (that time, thank God lol) and he didn't hesitate to skin out the green for it! Gotta know how to HUSTLE that cheddar! :lol:

Whatever your minimum price is, it's best to start above that and let em chew ya down to where you wanna be. Keep in mind most of the time they're gonna bid 2/3 or 1/2 what you want, you counter, keep it rollin, throw in other crap if you want and adjust the price on the fly, keep em on the hook. Or if you're the buyer go cold on it for a little while, ask him what else he's got for sale, look around, go back to it. It's important to have that rapport with the other person, be funny, try not to piss them off, tell them make a reasonable offer or ask what their bottom dollar is. Tell em you only brought so much money (have your money split out ahead of time, so much in each pocket) and that you need to get gas, buy groceries, etc. Wife thinks I'm a pretty good haggler, I beat her on the yard sale total at the end of the day! :rofl:

Wanna another chainsaw made by sears/poulan/husquvarnia? I got one for sale for $100 w/carring case. 18in bar, 2.6cu/42cc 2 cycle. It has a new carb on it.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
You're tryin to hustle the wrong hustler! lol j/k nah I got a brand-new new-model Husky, love that saw. That Poulan was identical to a Craftsman I had that I used some of the parts over onto, and they were both crap. Which is why I didn't ask much for mine. If it wont run tomorrow at least they wont be too butt-hurt about it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
You're tryin to hustle the wrong hustler! lol j/k nah I got a brand-new new-model Husky, love that saw. That Poulan was identical to a Craftsman I had that I used some of the parts over onto, and they were both crap. Which is why I didn't ask much for mine. If it wont run tomorrow at least they wont be too butt-hurt about it.

Here's a picture of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
No thanks, that's too much like the POS I just got rid of! This is like the one I have now...

attachment.php

Attachments

• HUS_350_lg.jpg
    HUS_350_lg.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 117

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
There's only 2 places around here to buy Stihl and they are outrageous. I do have a nice 90R weedeater though by Stihl. I had some Lowe's rebate cards and needed a dependable saw, and my brother-in-law owns 2 Husky's like this one so I got it. Been a great one so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP