One day builds, or quick projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Your grass is kinda tall. Almost like you haven't been home for a week and it rained a bunch :D

I know right? Damn I was shocked.

Word is is rained like hell all week here in Salisbury

Gonna be slammed with work this week so it's unlikely it'll get tended to until next weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I did "something" today, I guess I'm gonna take the little girls on a ride in the s10.
They asked all week at the beach about it almost

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I know right? Damn I was shocked.

Word is is rained like hell all week here in Salisbury

Gonna be slammed with work this week so it's unlikely it'll get tended to until next weekend.

Mowing the grass would qualify here in this thread.

I bet y'all did get a bunch of rain. My cousin said they hot 2.5"s of rain at my place from the hurricane. We're 1.5 hours south of you.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
My wife (the slave driver) put me on this project on my only day off this week. Her brother is coming into town in September, so I had to pick a guest bedroom to get organized. Of course I picked the one with all her extra crap stored in it. Part way through putting this built-in floating shelf in the walk in closet to replace these old dressers. Unfortunately, our go-to donation place hasn’t been taking in any donations during the china virus, so in the garage it must go.

Next week I have to hang the barn door I built for the opening of the closet here in front. Then base board and finish paint.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My wife (the slave driver) put me on this project on my only day off this week. Her brother is coming into town in September, so I had to pick a guest bedroom to get organized. Of course I picked the one with all her extra crap stored in it. Part way through putting this built-in floating shelf in the walk in closet to replace these old dressers. Unfortunately, our go-to donation place hasn’t been taking in any donations during the china virus, so in the garage it must go.

Next week I have to hang the barn door I built for the opening of the closet here in front. Then base board and finish paint.
Doh!

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Pretty much finished it up tonight. Feels good, I’ve been putting off this closet for a while.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
....last 4 pics I got suckered into cooking at the family reunion that year!!!
Damn! You all do it bigger in Texas don't you?

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
This could probably be done very quickly by someone who is carpentry literate, unlike me, but I had to do this intuitively with little to no template, just making it up as I went along, so it took longer. Also, I had coronavirus pretty bad while building this so I was working against the gradient, and I probably should have been in the bed. Anyway, I built this A/C’d doghouse for my main man here. He loves it.

I used a pallet for the base, 2x4s for the studs, plywood for the floor, roof and inside walls, decorative paneling for the outside wall, caulk for the seams, and the insulation and air conditioner came from Facebook Marketplace. The A/C unit and wiring outside are shrouded in heavy gauge horse fence wire, and I just run an extension cord to the plugin. The rest of it was just measuring, cutting, and assembling. He hates being cooped up in the house so this way he can hang out in there when the heat index is in the 90s, 100s, and 110s and go outside when he gets bored and/or it cools down a little.

Awwwwwe, heeeessssucchhhhaaaaagooooooodboooy! ! !

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Damn! You all do it bigger in Texas don't you?

Yep, I was cooking for about 250 people!! Brisket, chicken. sausage, pork ribs, hot links, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, and squash!! Was up almost 18 hours straight cooking for a bunch of folks I can't stand!!! With the exception of a few! LOL:cheers:

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Yep, I was cooking for about 250 people!! Brisket, chicken. sausage, pork ribs, hot links, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, and squash!! Was up almost 18 hours straight cooking for a bunch of folks I can't stand!!! With the exception of a few! LOL:cheers:
Cool, then you sold that smoker for 8k to one the folks you can't stand! Love it!!

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
At first I was confused as to what I was doing this weekend. I’m glad my wife was able to straighten me out. I’m making her corner of the shop pretty. Happy Labor Day!

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Some more tool box musings, I have had a Craftsman 145pc tool set that was gifted to me by my father when I was around 10, so that I had a good set of tools when I got older and started driving (you see how that ended up...), it came in a plastic blow molded case that worked fine for the entire time up until about 1 year ago things weren't staying where they should be and such. Found this nice little 3 drawer Craftsman box at a local resale shop for a great price.

Got a sheet of Kiazen foam from Rockler and started getting busy with the exact o blade.

What the original case looked like, worked well but the halves began to separate quite significantly and would not hold the tools securely anymore.

Then Finally got around to making this Craftsman roller into my welder cart. Build a structure underneath to hold my 3 bottles and has 4 swivel casters so I can rotate it freely in any direction.

In it's new home.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not a quick project but it’s been keeping me busy. Put a new roof on the house and replaced most of the fascia boards. My son came out for a week and we hoped to get it done in that time, but ended up taking 10 days to get it sealed back up. Put on 60 bundles of shingles. I’m getting too old for that ****!

Still have some trim work to finish as well as installing new gutters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL