One day builds, or quick projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Jake, my last name is Wells to, so Ill tell ya. Your 29 and nothing was that long ago. Tell you this as well, I appreciate you and your knowledge and experience. Please young man, keep on learning and sharing!!

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I WANT that cantilever box on the bottom!

I've got one, in very poor condition, but only gave a couple dollars for it an an auction, has a bunch of various pipe fittings in it. The one top side is completely separated from the hinges.
You must be registered for see images attach

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
Jake, my last name is Wells to, so Ill tell ya. Your 29 and nothing was that long ago. Tell you this as well, I appreciate you and your knowledge and experience. Please young man, keep on learning and sharing!!
:wtf: Well i was not expecting to find another member with the same first and last name as me but if you want to know something some of the wells in kentucky moved to texas in the 1940's so that will give you something to think about :crazy:.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
That is cool to know! Just ignorant, did not know Kennedy made a red box. Like the old Craftsman grey Machinist box, love to find one of them! Love old tool boxes, kind of partial to old Mac boxes myself. Have one that I'm sure the old man is long since past past but when I got it the paint is wore off behind the drawer grabs, it is my favorite, and though I do not know him, he is thought about every time i see it!!

I too like old toolboxes, only one I have bought new was one from HF, every other has been used, something nice about someone else taking the last few decades to break it in nice for you. If only they could talk.

I like finding obscure ones like this 3 drawer JCPenny, roughly the same dimension as a Kennedy 520, drawer guides are in a different place but still will interchange. someone has given it a very crude repaint from its original red and black and appear to have beat it with a sledgehammer before leaving it outside...

A little treasure hunt for me is to pull the bottom drawer out and see what has fallen behind them over time. Found a 12" General scale and a old McDonnel Douglas decimal chart in the MC-28 riser I got with that roller cab. A dead rodent in a MC-20 riser. Whole bunch of stuff in a little 2 drawer Waterloo carry box, including a laminated card for a movie theater in Indianapolis, with the old owners name on it, box also had a Honda Shadow sticker on it. Facebooked the name and first result was a match, profile picture was of a Honda Shadow.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
I WANT that cantilever box on the bottom!
:wtf: Well i was not expecting to find another member with the same first and last name as me but if you want to know something some of the wells in kentucky moved to texas in the 1940's so that will give you something to think about :crazy:.

My first name ain't Jake, last name is Wells. Good chance we are kin though my Wells folk come from Louisiana. All of that is irrevelent to this, best way to get to the top of the ladder is to be pushing someone above ya, and be pulling someone below ya!!!

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
My first name ain't Jake, last name is Wells. Good chance we are kin though my Wells folk come from Louisiana. All of that is irrevelent to this, best way to get to the top of the ladder is to be pushing someone above ya, and be pulling someone below ya!!!
Well im to tired to be pushed, pulled, or be on the top of the latter i am here only to learn, help, bs, and cut up with the members.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
I too like old toolboxes, only one I have bought new was one from HF, every other has been used, something nice about someone else taking the last few decades to break it in nice for you. If only they could talk.

I like finding obscure ones like this 3 drawer JCPenny, roughly the same dimension as a Kennedy 520, drawer guides are in a different place but still will interchange. someone has given it a very crude repaint from its original red and black and appear to have beat it with a sledgehammer before leaving it outside...

A little treasure hunt for me is to pull the bottom drawer out and see what has fallen behind them over time. Found a 12" General scale and a old McDonnel Douglas decimal chart in the MC-28 riser I got with that roller cab. A dead rodent in a MC-20 riser. Whole bunch of stuff in a little 2 drawer Waterloo carry box, including a laminated card for a movie theater in Indianapolis, with the old owners name on it, box also had a Honda Shadow sticker on it. Facebooked the name and first result was a match, profile picture was of a Honda Shadow.

Awww man. it takes me 2 days to go through an old box full of junk. Every little thing is there for a reason, or lost, the things under the bottom drawer, lol. Why was it there. in this drawer? Seems like it should have been??? I love it, they were craftsman. Proud of their trade. Personally consider it an honor to be able to pilfer through then use the tools these men used to make America!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've got one, in very poor condition, but only gave a couple dollars for it an an auction, has a bunch of various pipe fittings in it. The one top side is completely separated from the hinges.
The old Kennedy boxes used to be made in Van Wert Ohio. About 40 miles from me. They used to have a huge scratch and dent sale every year.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The boy child bought himself a new to Him boat. Not a one of the lights on the trailer worked so, that was/is My yesterday and todays project. Got the lights all to working yesterday, now today is to add on the trailer light plug then, His new license plate and then check the tire pressures.
Headed to Tongue River Reservoir this weekend and be for trying out the unit.
Whenever doing trailer light wiring, I always weld on a bolt close to the junction box and the lamps to use for a grounding lug. Never ever have a lamp failure because of a bad ground with a system like that.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Oh, here we go. now it's all about who can take pipe weld it together, add heat, and turn it into the best dead calf?? Maybe we shall see North of Dallas in April??? Grin....

I spotted from your post previous in this thread your obvious fabrication skills! Nice work and nice to see that you use a real welder meaning Stick. Also nice rig (from your intro post, the 75). A lot of people buy the 99.00 HF piece of **** and immediately think they are welding Gods, LOL, there's a world of difference between welding and melting two pieces of metal together. Stick welding is becoming a lost art, everybody seems to prefer the squirt guns nowadays. I prefer 'Ole School', from back when you had to pay your dues to be called a welder! Lookin' forward to meeting up with you North of Dallas! A fellow 'Brother of the HOOD!:cheers:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Sorry, do not know how to delete some of this. The riser is a Red Kennedy? Never seen anything but a Kennedy brown??

Yeah that caught. My eye too.

I have a brown middle and bottom Kennedy chest for my measuring equipment and tooling.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I spotted from your post previous in this thread your obvious fabrication skills! Nice work and nice to see that you use a real welder meaning Stick. Also nice rig (from your intro post, the 75). A lot of people buy the 99.00 HF piece of **** and immediately think they are welding Gods, LOL, there's a world of difference between welding and melting two pieces of metal together. Stick welding is becoming a lost art, everybody seems to prefer the squirt guns nowadays. I prefer 'Ole School', from back when you had to pay your dues to be called a welder! Lookin' forward to meeting up with you North of Dallas! A fellow 'Brother of the HOOD!:cheers:

That's the only way I weld up all the contraptions I have....

Stick.
Couple tacks of 6011
Then cook it in good and hot with 7018.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size

Stick.
Couple tacks of 6011

You got er figured out. That's the way it's done!!!:cheers:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502

Stick.
Couple tacks of 6011

Me and dad get into friendly arguments from time to time...
We wants to Mig everything, I say NO.
It's not penetrating it.

He says "it looks better"
I say, mf, i can make my stick welds look good too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL