New to me 1988 Cutlass Ciera xc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
wow.....that went from 0-60 in about 0.5 seconds LOL Floor boards look clean! You going to replace the carpet or try to clean up the old stuff?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I looked at there site some last night but haven’t joined yet. Did join the Ciera page on Facebook

The forum is a little slow now, not many people driving these cars compared to the good ol days, but there's still a lot of good info. A lot of the members do communicate on Facebook, but I don't know anything about that.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
wow.....that went from 0-60 in about 0.5 seconds LOL Floor boards look clean! You going to replace the carpet or try to clean up the old stuff?

I’m going to attempt cleaning it and give it a hit of spray dye until I do replace it. I’ve got to pull my wife’s Tahoe rear differential apart as it’s making a wonderful noise so she’s going to have to drive mine

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
The forum is a little slow now, not many people driving these cars compared to the good ol days, but there's still a lot of good info. A lot of the members do communicate on Facebook, but I don't know anything about that.

I still see quite a few on the road but not as many nice ones. This car should clean up nice but I need some replacement interior pieces. I’m missing the whole passenger window switch assembly

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Interesting car. I'm not sure if I've seen one before.
I always think of 442's when I see Cutlass

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
People really overlook these cars, but I see a lot of sedans and wagons still. You can beat these things to hell, and they’ll still work for you. Congrats!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I still see quite a few on the road but not as many nice ones. This car should clean up nice but I need some replacement interior pieces. I’m missing the whole passenger window switch assembly

I should have the switch pod, but probably not the switch itself. I believe your switch is the odd one where it's a single switch with a big filler piece on each side of the switch. Most other A-bodies had a single switch on the passenger side mounted in just a little bezel, much like the rear doors, if it were a 4-door.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Interesting and rare find. It reminds me of the Chevy 'twin' that was produced at the same time. Anyone remember these -

You must be registered for see images attach

And similarly, the Buick rare edition in the same time frame -

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Interesting and rare find. It reminds me of the Chevy 'twin' that was produced at the same time. Anyone remember these -

And similarly, the Buick rare edition in the same time frame -

I would’ve much rather preferred a Buick but finding the GS is very difficult let alone a 2 door century. That’s what intrigued me with this Olds you very rarely see coupes

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I should have the switch pod, but probably not the switch itself. I believe your switch is the odd one where it's a single switch with a big filler piece on each side of the switch. Most other A-bodies had a single switch on the passenger side mounted in just a little bezel, much like the rear doors, if it were a 4-door.

I’ll take a picture of it

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Such a interesting little car. I cleaned out all the gaps. Going back to the yard this weekend should’ve grabbed the MAF sensor off that gray delta the other day but didn’t think about it. Also going to grab a couple other items off of it

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I see one several days a week. But that's only because I own one, lol. Well, two of them really. I have a red '88 VR coupe and also a black '86 coupe that is a VR clone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969