New to me 1988 Cutlass Ciera xc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Had it sit in the rain the other night had very little leak in on the passenger side and drivers side. I’m going to try and go by the parts store tomorrow and get some new pins and bushings for the doors and work on tightening them up. Would love to get the seats back in it and out of my garage lol. Once my tax refund comes back I’ll probably go ahead and give it a good tune up and make sure the bugs are sorted and throw some tags and insurance on it

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't believe I have the switch bezel you need. If I come across one, I'll be sure to let you know.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I’m beginning to think this car hates me I drove it around the neighborhood and backed it in the driveway and it decided it didn’t want to start back up. Has fuel and spark. Oh well a project for another day.

You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I’m beginning to think this car hates me I drove it around the neighborhood and backed it in the driveway and it decided it didn’t want to start back up. Has fuel and spark. Oh well a project for another day.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Pretty sure the supposedly new fuel pump the P/O is bad I can’t hear the pump run at all. I have a feeling they didn’t replace it or used a very cheap one.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Got the Ciera up and running again it had a bad fuel pump relay. Hopefully that’s all it’ll be I really don’t want to do a fuel pump right now. I also swapped out oil pans on my Fiero so hopefully it’ll stop with the oil hemorrhage so far the pan is nice and dry. Pretty productive day of working on some of my 80s goodies. I did order some tune up stuff for the Ciera as I’ll probably have some free time coming up to work on projects with the coronavirus more than likely shutting work down for a little bit.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
See if any of the chrome pieces of interior you desire cross with a 1988 buick lesabre or 1990 oldsmobile 88. If so, I might have some things that which you seek..

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
See if any of the chrome pieces of interior you desire cross with a 1988 buick lesabre or 1990 oldsmobile 88. If so, I might have some things that which you seek..

Ok I’ll see what I can come up with! Thanks

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
So a update on the Ciera I went ahead and put a new fuel pump in the tank, also found the fusible link on the battery cable was junk I think this has been the source of majority of its problems since I got it. After repairing it it’s started everytime. It has a high idle problem I’ve got to figure out need to check the vacuum lines and see if it’s something simple. I also fixed the heater core. Still need to fix the hinge pins and bushings the ones rockauto sent me are wrong so I hit up the Fiero store as I knew I’d get the correct ones from them having just rebuilt them on the Fiero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC