New to me 1988 Cutlass Ciera xc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Nice clean seats. Just upholstery cleaned them and hit them with a sanitizer I used to use at my old job. I also pressure washed the carpet and sanitized the whole interior of the car to help kill the musty smell it has acquired.

You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I see one several days a week. But that's only because I own one, lol. Well, two of them really. I have a red '88 VR coupe and also a black '86 coupe that is a VR clone.

The little celebs are cool I couldn’t find any near me most have been beaten to death sadly

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The little celebs are cool I couldn’t find any near me most have been beaten to death sadly

Yeah, I've got a total of 4, plus a couple parts cars. I think 50% of the Celebs in the tri-county area are at my house. Lol.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Yeah, I've got a total of 4, plus a couple parts cars. I think 50% of the Celebs in the tri-county area are at my house. Lol.

This is the window switch pod I have

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'll see what I have. The pod is easy and was common. The switch is the hard part, because I think only the Ciera (and only a few years maybe) used the pod on the passenger side too. So that extra wide switch for just a single window isn't as common.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I had an 87 celeb wagon. I loved that car!

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I'll see what I have. The pod is easy and was common. The switch is the hard part, because I think only the Ciera (and only a few years maybe) used the pod on the passenger side too. So that extra wide switch for just a single window isn't as common.

I may can modify one of my Buick ones to work in the pod as it appears the actual switch is the same

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like the square body GMs s, " box Chevy's" as they call them. My dad had a 1990 century when I was growing up. That car ride well and had good power for the car it was.

Last edited:

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Found another water leak in the trunk area. The seam sealer in the top corners is letting go and letting water past it so I’ll chisel that off and put some fresh on and clean up any surface rust with Ospho.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Brought the Ciera in the garage for a bit today. Got the original seam sealer knocked off around the trunk gutters. Waiting for my seam sealer to get here so I can get that laid down. And see if that fixed my water issue on the trunk side. Going to go to the yard maybe this coming weekend and get some door seals to replace these that are falling to pieces and letting water drip in. Also worked on the interior some, fixed the loose dash, removed the aftermarket radio to find someone’s hack job or wiring that junk in so will have to solder all new ends on. Also repainted the black on the grille need to get a new rocket emblem but I think it looks good. Also found the passenger door window switch pod but I’m missing the chrome piece that holds the switch. Anyone happen to know of any?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I haven't yet been out to the barn to look for the window switch and pieces. I've got a few storage tubs to loon through.

When you go to get door seals, get them for a '95-up Cavalier or Sunfire. They are super common, last longer and fit well too. Get an extra one too, in case you have to add in a few inches on each side of the car. In one of mine, I used seals from an '81 Omega and the other I used seals from a '98 Cavalier. I don't remember which one I had to add pieces into, or if it was both of them.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I haven't yet been out to the barn to look for the window switch and pieces. I've got a few storage tubs to loon through.

When you go to get door seals, get them for a '95-up Cavalier or Sunfire. They are super common, last longer and fit well too. Get an extra one too, in case you have to add in a few inches on each side of the car. In one of mine, I used seals from an '81 Omega and the other I used seals from a '98 Cavalier. I don't remember which one I had to add pieces into, or if it was both of them.

Ok cool I looked at pull a part and they’ve got several to choose from. Let me know what you find I was surprised to find the switch housing and backing plate in the trunk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Brought the Ciera in the garage for a bit today. Got the original seam sealer knocked off around the trunk gutters. Waiting for my seam sealer to get here so I can get that laid down. And see if that fixed my water issue on the trunk side. Going to go to the yard maybe this coming weekend and get some door seals to replace these that are falling to pieces and letting water drip in. Also worked on the interior some, fixed the loose dash, removed the aftermarket radio to find someone’s hack job or wiring that junk in so will have to solder all new ends on. Also repainted the black on the grille need to get a new rocket emblem but I think it looks good. Also found the passenger door window switch pod but I’m missing the chrome piece that holds the switch. Anyone happen to know of any?

That cleaned up real nice!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8