My "other" project - 1970 El Camino

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
HOA would have flipped seeing you repaint/primer a vehicle. LOL On a side note, build a 20x20 pad that would fit in your future shop, that way your out of the dirt and if needed a little moat around the pad to keep the ants at bay.

Ya they did. And I did lol. I gutted, rebuilt, and painted my food truck in the driveway in my old HOA neighborhood lol. I may have given them cause to be mad... But that doesnt change the fact that they are ******** and Im just a guy trying to get ahead and provide for my family!

You must be registered for see images attach

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ya they did. And I did lol. I gutted, rebuilt, and painted my food truck in the driveway in my old HOA neighborhood lol. I may have given them cause to be mad... But that doesnt change the fact that they are ******** and Im just a guy trying to get ahead and provide for my family!

Reminds me of my old house in Mesa. It had a HOA as well. I lived there a yr before I sold the house and ran from the HOAs for life.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
NICE!

The '69 SS 396 Elk is one of my all time dream cars... along with the split window Vette, and the 427 AC Cobra...

Someday.. Still dreaming

Planning on finding an old sliding door mail truck and turning it into a extreme budget ($2500-3500) rat rod and racing the bracket with it.. As soon as I get this truck reliable enough (replace the engine/trans) and get a trailer, I'm gonna find me a mail truck and go get it..

Had a '62 Nova Chevy 2 with a 460 horse punched 327 in it back in the day... Raced the brackets at OCIR with it.. So much fun.. Now that I'm old, want to relive my youth..

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I've had these heads for about 15 years. Paid $600 for them. They are Dart aluminum heads (If you couldn't tell, lol) and seem to be fully ported and polished Pro 1's. I planned on building a mud drag truck with my '78 Stepside but that didn't happen. Now I'm looking to get them repaired to drop on a monster 496+ for my El Camino.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Just a fun fact. I've been selling bit and pieces off this car that I'm not going to use. I had a guy show up yesterday who says he's had a few El Caminos and Chevelles. After talking with him for about 45min and checking this and that on the shell he's figured out this is an original SS 396 big block car! I'm excited even though there isn't much left to the car but now I won't feel so bad putting SS emblems on it lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Just a fun fact. I've been selling bit and pieces off this car that I'm not going to use. I had a guy show up yesterday who says he's had a few El Caminos and Chevelles. After talking with him for about 45min and checking this and that on the shell he's figured out this is an original SS 396 big block car! I'm excited even though there isn't much left to the car but now I won't feel so bad putting SS emblems on it lol
Now, get to work! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224