looks like my front end parts might be going back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Ok so i gotta ask why not just buy the parts from a local store. I mean its not like they are that hard to find. All the stuff ive checked on buying for my 86 3/4 i found cheaper at the local Oreillys and they dont charge shipping. The gas tanks im getting for it are 25 dollars cheaper on an Ebay store but the shipping makes them more then the parts store. Anyways just asking.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
cost, local stores want $30 or more per ball joint, I paid like 11 a piece, tie rods are around 20-25 or so, I paid like 6 and 7 a piece, same for all of it.

plus local sucks, they know nothing, have trouble finding anything and usually it's wrong.

anyways all is resolved I guess, the maker seems to be switching from a greaseable tie rod to non greaseable, and just the opposite on their balljoints.

They are going to send me another ball joint that is greaseable so they alll match and can grease them. I'll run the tie rods I got and keep close check on them, once I see anything wrong or any play start I'll just change them out.

On a side note, I could buy ALL MOOG from rockauto for probably less then the price of the local guys cheapest crap. I should have but I got a tight budget, and my old man put the same brand stuff under his, no problems at all with it.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Ok so i gotta ask why not just buy the parts from a local store. I mean its not like they are that hard to find. All the stuff ive checked on buying for my 86 3/4 i found cheaper at the local Oreillys and they dont charge shipping. The gas tanks im getting for it are 25 dollars cheaper on an Ebay store but the shipping makes them more then the parts store. Anyways just asking.

hmmmm intresting. The parts them selves are always cheaper at Rock auto then what my Oreillys is, winder if theres a dirrenece in areas? Also on the gas tanks Ebay was ALOT cheaper for my tank, I paid 80 bucks for my 20 gallon 87 tank. Local Oreilly was over 150 bucks. It might pay you to get a part number on the tank and just type the part number in the ebay search box, you might be suprised at all the other tanks that show up rather then searching for make model and part name.

If you dont mind would you be willing to post up some prices from your local Oreilly on a few different parts so I can compare?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
actually 89S there are zerks made for tight places. It is a needle type

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
actually 89S there are zerks made for tight places. It is a needle type
Is it a different type of zerk? You know of one that will fit in that spot?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that's a solid axle, mines IFS. cv joints and crap.

as for posting from local oreiley's you mean me or him? we don't have one, only autozone and advance.

I don't care a bit to post from em if you'd like me to.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

as for posting from local oreiley's you mean me or him? we don't have one, only autozone and advance.

Your'e right, I forgot, sorry bro.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size

I was hoping smurph would.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
oh ok LOl I thought so.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Im starting to learn alot about these big box stores, and the **** they sell. So far I have had to replace a battery from orileys after one year, my heater core from Vatozone exploded and caused a huge pain in the ass resulting in me driving 9 hours freezing my ****** ass off. Another product that recently left me stranded was an alternator belt from Vatozone. Also my heater blower motor I put in a year ago is junk now.

I like Rock auto because they carry AC Delco and Moog parts for way less than the big box stores around here. From here on out I am only buying the best parts no matter what, after you buy the same part twice its more expensive than just buying the expensive part in the first place.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Im starting to learn alot about these big box stores, and the **** they sell. So far I have had to replace a battery from orileys after one year, my heater core from Vatozone exploded and caused a huge pain in the ass resulting in me driving 9 hours freezing my ****** ass off. Another product that recently left me stranded was an alternator belt from Vatozone. Also my heater blower motor I put in a year ago is junk now.

I like Rock auto because they carry AC Delco and Moog parts for way less than the big box stores around here. From here on out I am only buying the best parts no matter what, after you buy the same part twice its more expensive than just buying the expensive part in the first place.

+1, Buying cheapest part isnt always good.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
One of those, the upper or lower one usually don't have it or is blocked off because of clearance with the drive shaft yoke, isn't it?

on the 88 to 98 truck the grease fitting doesn't interfee with the axles, on the square the upper ball joint fitting will hit the front u joint axles

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
hmmmm intresting. The parts them selves are always cheaper at Rock auto then what my Oreillys is, winder if theres a dirrenece in areas? Also on the gas tanks Ebay was ALOT cheaper for my tank, I paid 80 bucks for my 20 gallon 87 tank. Local Oreilly was over 150 bucks. It might pay you to get a part number on the tank and just type the part number in the ebay search box, you might be suprised at all the other tanks that show up rather then searching for make model and part name.

If you dont mind would you be willing to post up some prices from your local Oreilly on a few different parts so I can compare?

Heres my ticket i got for the pricing

Attachments

• orielly 2 001.jpg
    orielly 2 001.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 144

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Heres my ticket i got for the pricing

heres the shopping cart at my oreillys for the same parts.
You must be registered for see images

Wonder why the price on the tanks is showing up so much cheaper then when I first priced them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
referrich