It’s official, I’m a nerd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
And WASH it.... but I DON'T have to commute. I drive mine when and where I want and I'm OLD, so I don't give a rat's ass about saving money on a commute.......to each his own!!!!
Some of us are still putting money INTO the social security system, lol!

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Some of us are still putting money INTO the social security system, lol!

And Thank you very much for doing so! I truly love checking my account and seeing that nice deposit every month like clock work!!!! Please keep up the good work for us old farts!!! LOL:smoke2:

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@Frankenchevy and all the rest of you young people out there, you are keeping me going!!! I do feel for you because at the rate the Demoncrats are spending we will run out soon, possibly before I am DONE!!!!............sorry wrong thread....

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Not to derail the thread but I would be interested to hear more about this. I looked at the Solar City roof and it was like $120k base cost, yep nope.

Eelctronic tech. for 40 plus years, I just started looking at everything. A good place to start is to figure out average daily and monthly use of electricity. Once you have that you can figure out the size of system you need. Visit wholesale solar they have a lot of information. I ended up spending about $19k for my system, but I did all of it myself. Permit, layout, and install. I did however have my roofer install the lag bolts for the racking so they didn't leak. I used Enphase micro inverters, Solarworld PV panels, and Ironridge racking. Last year and this year probably, I will pay $120 for the year thats the connection fee for a EV system.

I didn't do like the Solar companies and install a system that is over kill. Its a 6.4K system based on my average daily use of 15kw.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I drove a Volt, or Volt derivative (export, Opel Ampera LHD or Vauxhall Ampera RHD) for about 4 years during vehicle development.

They have (or had, at that time) a "sport mode" button.

I was like - why are you even telling me that? Can you make the "sport mode" the default, so that I don't have to push the button ever again?

K

You must be registered for see images attach

I friend of mine in the early 90's had one of the GM EV1's on loan for a few months while they were testing it. I guess the car had a governor set to 75 MPH. The engineers couldn't figure out how my friend got it to go 90+ on numerous occasions. There was a long down hill section of roadway where we live that let him run the speed up over their parameters.:driver:

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I friend of mine in the early 90's had one of the GM EV1's on loan for a few months while they were testing it. I guess the car had a governor set to 75 MPH. The engineers couldn't figure out how my friend got it to go 90+ on numerous occasions. There was a long down hill section of roadway where we live that let him run the speed up over their parameters.:driver:

LOL. My Chief Engineer on the Volt was the former Chief Engineer on the EV1 - Andrew Farah.

That's kinda how the Volt came about. The guys would be out doing regular car type testing on the EV1 and run out of juice, which would cause them delays in testing as they waiting for recovery or recharging.

Somebody said "hey - we should hook a little trailer with a generator on it to the car so we can keep going with our testing".

The inception of the Volt occurred when somebody said "hey - instead of hooking up a trailer with a generator, we should put it on board under the hood".

K

killthewabbit

Reaction score
I know it's a political hot button issue (especially amongst car guys) and I'm not really sold about long term viability blablabla...

BUT

I have a friend who bought a Tesla Model S long range (not the plaid super duper quick one) and took me for a ride. That thing is among the quickest accelerating cars I've ever been in. It's definitely the only car I've ever been in that does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, then merge onto the interstate and drive non stop from Nashville to Atlanta. I was impressed.

newbie17

Reaction score
First Name
bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
I think I'm going to be sick!!!!

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nerds drive Priuses.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I think I'm going to be sick!!!!
About the price of gas?

Let’s look at it this way. The Tesla is likely the most American made vehicle right now.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Or you could have your cake and eat it too. No need to limit yourself to one mode of transportation. I imagine these same conversations happening at the pub when the bicycle was invented. Bro, rolling around on something is gay, feet are where it’s at! Haha

I am a fan of rifles and the sound and smell a bullet makes, but when a laser gun shows up at the gun store—I’m all over it. I won’t get rid of my guns and bullets, I’ll enjoy them even more. I’ll shoot the laser gun as a daily because regular ammo is just too expensive. On the weekend though, I’ll pull out my rifle and send a few down range to blow off some steam.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave