It’s official, I’m a nerd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
We are currently at 24.3 cents per kWh on a non-EV plan. To clarify, we only get the 14.5-14.7 rate from 9pm to 7 am...
:wtf:

That was my overall rate including fees and taxes for the whole month... It's about 6.3 cents per kWh for the first 1000 kWh and goes up 1 cent per kWh for the next 1000 over that. when I averaged all the various half cent fees and credits and everything else it works out to that overall rate for the 1180 kWh's we used last month.

We don't have EV plans or credits or anything like that up here... something like 90+% of the power comes from hydroelectric dams up here anyways, which is obviously about as renewable as you can get if you don't consider the salmon.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Lol, probably not you! 0-60 in 3.1 seconds is pretty quick though.

edit: and an 11 1/2 second quarter mile

Wow! Not by much, though -

I saw website numbers that said 0-60 in 3.4 sec, for a Tesla Model 3.

My Chevelle has gone 9.85 at 136mph in the quarter; that particular pass was 6.47 sec to 110 mph in the eighth.

Assuming linear acceleration to the eight (it's probably not; it's probably a bit steeper initially and then flattens off, but the assumption makes the math easier) that would be a slope of 17.4 mph/s; multiply by 3.4 seconds to get 0-60.

So 0-60 in about 3.4 seconds for me.

(NOW who's a Nerd! lol)

Gotta love that instantaneous torque of an electric vehicle.

K

Last edited:

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Gotta love that instantaneous torque of an electric vehicle.

K

I drove a Volt, or Volt derivative (export, Opel Ampera LHD or Vauxhall Ampera RHD) for about 4 years during vehicle development.

They have (or had, at that time) a "sport mode" button.

I was like - why are you even telling me that? Can you make the "sport mode" the default, so that I don't have to push the button ever again?

K

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
ill be getting an electric too at some point. Might get a cybertruck. I think it makes sense and is the perfect setup, 2-3 squarebodies and an EV.

Ive got my K20 for off-road, my C30 for hauling, and im just missing a C10 with a blown bbc. So you can do everything you want to do but be able to get around cheap and easy when you dont care what your in.

I only care about what im driving half the time, the other half I just wanna get there without anything breaking lol

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Awwww ****, there goes the neighborhood!!! Everybody goin' to jump on the electric bandwagon now! :smoke2:

Yup. And all those battery powered cars are gonna need charging. More power generating plants and more pollution. The left will never approve a nuclear plant because it's not safe and coal is way too dirty. I predict a conundrum.
@82sbshortbed , what say you?:flamingdevil:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Yup. And all those battery powered cars are gonna need charging. More power generating plants and more pollution. The left will never approve a nuclear plant because it's not safe and coal is way too dirty. I predict a conundrum.
@82sbshortbed , what say you?:flamingdevil:

You know what I say, fuckemall! Feed them fish heads.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yeah, I agree nuke would be a great idea but people get all weird for some reason. My solar array will produce more than I use once it’s done this summer.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
So did you have to install some home charger unit in your garage? If so what was the cost on that?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
So did you have to install some home charger unit in your garage? If so what was the cost on that?
The wall charger is about $500. I will install that myself before I take delivery of the car. It will work on a wide range of amperages, but maximum charging speed is on a 60 amp circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes