Homemade and modified tool thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Jumping "shorting" the 2 terminals on a pre obd gm car?!
Yessir, homemade diagnostic tool for jumping the A and B terminals on an OBD1 port, to rear the trouble codes.
Works great on 87 to 95 chevy trucks, and is slightly less cheesy than a paper clip.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yessir, homemade diagnostic tool for jumping the A and B terminals on an OBD1 port, to rear the trouble codes.
Works great on 87 to 95 chevy trucks, and is slightly less cheesy than a paper clip.
Back in the day there was a flat metal thing made like a key for jumping the ALDL, complete with hole to put it on a key chain, they may well still make them IDK. I didn't like the idea of paying for one so I made one, actually I made 4 of them, enough for each mechanic in the shop to have one. I have no idea where mine is, or even when I last saw it, but your post reminded me of it.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
This is my hack valve lash adjustment tool.
You must be registered for see images attach
I have always hated adjusting valves. It's not that I don't know how to do it, I just find it tedious, mostly because I tend to get overly anal about where the engine is at even though I know all that really matters is that the valves being adjusted are shut. This is a REALLY good hack and would give me the visual my mind would like.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L

I was going to guess circuit breaker tester. :(

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Not exactly a tool, but a device, and its homemade. Just made it the other day, its almost done. Just gotta clean it up, and paint the frame. any guesses?
Might only be a regional thing, I dont know.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Not exactly a tool, but a device, and its homemade. Just made it the other day, its almost done. Just gotta clean it up, and paint the frame. any guesses?
Might only be a regional thing, I dont know.
Must be regional. The best way to make bacon, egg, potato, bean and cheese burritos!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969