Homemade and modified tool thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Cooking something, somehow
Those sure work good for making breakfast burritos while camping.
Must be regional. The best way to make bacon, egg, potato, bean and cheese burritos!

You got it. It's a cooking implement. Great for making burritos and frying up bacon. Also great for frying Chicharróns.
My boss calls it a Disco (pronounced Deesco), know know what y'all would call it.
Propane bottle sits underneath. Still have to put the gas line on

Made it out of an old 6lug Chevy rim with messed up lug holes, a disc harrow blade, and some steel stock.
Was gonna use a burner from an old water heater, but my boss said it was too big and bought me a brand new burner instead.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
You got it. It's a cooking implement. Great for making burritos and frying up bacon. Also great for frying Chicharróns.
My boss calls it a Disco (pronounced Deesco), know know what y'all would call it.

Made it out of an old 6lug Chevy rim with messed up lug holes, a disc harrow blade, and some steel stock.
Was gonna use a burner from an old water heater, but my boss said it was too big and bought me a brand new burner instead.
Chicharrons? That Tripe, fried guts?

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size

I was thinking mud bugs. Some one joined from Louisiana and crawfish have been on my mind since then.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Chicharrons? That Tripe, fried guts?
No, its cubed pork fat. Tastes like bacon, but thicker, and less meat Involved. Great in burritos or taco. Local thing I guess. Not healthy, but sure is tasty when done right.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I was thinking mud bugs. Some one joined from Louisiana and crawfish have been on my mind since then.
You could use it for that if you had a crawfish pot.
I've seen ones made just for that, same basic design, but its usually shorter with a big pot.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Good for turkey fryin and crab boilin too

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8

Painted up the Deesco today.
Did the bottom frame in standard semi-gloss black, rim and disc is ultra high heat semi gloss black. With some red accents just for fun, hehe.
Plummed and connected the has lines too (not pictured).
Hopefully this weekend, we'll finally hook a gas bottle to it and try it out.
You must be registered for see images attach

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Painted up the Deesco today.
Did the bottom frame in standard semi-gloss black, rim and disc is ultra high heat semi gloss black. With some red accents just for fun, hehe.
Plummed and connected the has lines too (not pictured).
Hopefully this weekend, we'll finally hook a gas bottle to it and try it out.
You must plan on feeding the wimminz out of that thing. It's Purty!

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Yep, fairly regional/ethnic thing I think. "Disco" is just Spanish for "disc", as in plow disk, and I've seen plenty that were nothing but a scrap plow disk that you can set over a fire, plenty of others that rival any pellet smoker in how well thought out and fancy they are. I've seen a few discos set up to use a rosebud oxy/acetylene torch as a heat source in welding shops. That one looks pretty nice, and is making me hungry just looking at it...

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Yep, fairly regional/ethnic thing I think. "Disco" is just Spanish for "disc", as in plow disk, and I've seen plenty that were nothing but a scrap plow disk that you can set over a fire, plenty of others that rival any pellet smoker in how well thought out and fancy they are. I've seen a few discos set up to use a rosebud oxy/acetylene torch as a heat source in welding shops. That one looks pretty nice, and is making me hungry just looking at it...
Exactly. This one is made from a disc harrow disc also, but we refined it a bit more. Designed to run on propane like a standard grill. And yeah that's just the Spanish work for it. Not the greatest name but all I know to call it haha.

Thank you.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Tools for drilling sbc fuel pump pushrod. Jigs Ive found on the internet for anyone that wants to try drilling a fuel pump rod.Turns out its hit and miss on how later model blocks were finished ,so the jig that works for 1,may not work on another.It seems some have bolt holes and a partially drilled push rod hole,some have bolt holes but no pushrod hole at all some have no bolt holes or pushrod hole. That last jig locates on the timing cover pad.All could be fabbed using a bare block with the pushrod hole to reverse engineer the pushrod angle and bolt locations.The L shaped jig for drilling the bolt holes could easily be fabbed using a piece of steel strap approx.3 inches longer than the aluminum pictured with a 3x3 piece of angle welded or bolted to it. The jig for drilling the push rod hole is self explanatory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-14_011945.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-14_011945.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2022-12-14_014903.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-14_014903.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: