1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GMT 400 Hydroboost System in a Square?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering & Brakes' started by Daveo91Burb, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Daveo91Burb

Daveo91Burb Full Access Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V2500 Silverado Suburban
    Engine Size:
    Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
    I'm parting out a '97 3/4 ton burb and it's got Hydroboost. Probably will just try to sell it, but just curious if it's possible to retrofit to my '91 Burb. Would the booster unit bolt to the firewall and connect to the pedal rod OK? And then for the pump - the '97 serpentine setup is different than '91 so I'm curious if the pump would bolt in there or not.

The bottom line question: is it worth it? I don't tow a lot now, but am hoping to get into the travel trailer game soon.

IMG_1280.jpeg

2. TubeTruck

TubeTruck I like anything fast enough to do something stupid

First Name:
    Denis
    Truck Year:
    1978, 1975
    Truck Model:
    Suburban K10, GMC K15
    Engine Size:
    400ci, 350ci
    I believe @RoryH19 had done this, or was looking into it and has some knowledge about it.

I have one also, out of a '98 Burb, but was waiting to put the BB in so all the hoses match.

3. RoryH19

RoryH19 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Rory
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    R10 Silverado SWB
    Engine Size:
    350 TBI
    I did look into it but found a unit from an 85 1 ton so not much to share.
    I know it has been done before.

4. Bextreme04

Bextreme04 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K25
    Engine Size:
    350-4bbl
    I'll let you know how much of a pain it was in a couple weeks. I've got a 97 K2500 Suburban with the 7.4L that I'm taking the engine/trans and a bunch of electrical out of. I was thinking about using the hydroboost and master cylinder out of it during the swap also. I'm still waiting on some parts to finish assembling the engine and I still need to rebuild the trans before I'm ready to start messing with that stuff though. Probably 1-2 months before I get there

5. Daveo91Burb

Daveo91Burb Full Access Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V2500 Silverado Suburban
    Engine Size:
    Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
    Thanks! You've got similar plans to me, except my parts rig just has a 350. But I bought it for the late model 4L80e, and the harness/fuel injection setup. if I get really adventurous in a year or two I may try and swap over to the 97's SEFI setup. There's a way to convert the TBI computer from a '94 or '95 (which I already have) to run 8 injectors instead of the 2 TBI. Might be beyond my limits for wiring and programming though so not sure I'll attempt it.