Favorite Jack Stands?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I'll be working in my garage.

WTF!?

You're 18 yrs young and you have a garage...!!!

I'm 59 and I'm just finally getting a fricken garage...whew.
18 and he has a garage and a square body. Man... shouldn't he be antifa or something productive like a gay parade?

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
These are the small differences which determine quality. Lot's of that cheap **** looks the same... some of it is! SOME of it is...

I can't determine from the pics how the aluminum stand is made. To be honest it looks like steel with the ratchet jack part being alum.
Or perhaps the stand is also forged/pressed into shape. Once the tooling for something like this made, look out! Wham bam make a million in a week. Sell them cheap all over the free world and make millions$$$ on a cheap piece p of **** jack stand! Boys... we're in the wrong bizness!!
Well they are only supposed to weigh 4.5 pounds. So I'm guessing they are actually aluminum. I liked how rock solid it felt though. The AC Delco ones I haven't been able to see in person yet. But they have them at O'Reilly's. They are good enough for Vice Grip Garage though, so I guess they are good enough for me haha. He's a pretty awesome channel if ya'll haven't checked him out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Speaking of anti-sink, I have a four of these. Got them at a Wal-mart store more than 20 years ago.

5-ton, and made in Arkansas by Ex-cell.

You must be registered for see images attach

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I have modified dinky little jacks... Made them a little taller and the base wider. Still better than cinder blocks and firewood!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Well they are only supposed to weigh 4.5 pounds. So I'm guessing they are actually aluminum. I liked how rock solid it felt though. The AC Delco ones I haven't been able to see in person yet. But they have them at O'Reilly's. They are good enough for Vice Grip Garage though, so I guess they are good enough for me haha. He's a pretty awesome channel if ya'll haven't checked him out.

Thanks I'll check out Vise Grip. Sounds like fun.

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Thanks I'll check out Vise Grip. Sounds like fun.
Here's one of the first videos of his I watched. He's absolutely hilarious. And his channel is really an inspiration for people who don't have money to do full restorations with all new parts and such.

His channel has a bit of a roadkill vibe, but much more relatable and interesting IMOP. Definitely give him a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly