emissions removal 86 k10 5.7 sb, auto, air, cruise, calif emissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyGuyNow

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Picked this k10 up 2 months ago with 130,000 miles second owner. Plan on keeping it and want to do it right. I live in a state with no emissions requirements and have started pulling all the emissions off. Over time I will do headers, exhaust, intake, carb, ignition and so forth. What do I need to do in regards to the ecm and esc? All of the smog is off and in a pile, I plugged the exhaust manifolds, solid plate over the egr openings, plugged the pcv hole in valve cover, put a filter on the other valve cover breather that use to go into the air cleaner, removed the butterfly valve and vac tubing on exhaust, left the heat riser flex tubing to vac motor valve on air cleaner snorkle and control it manually, removed and replace water neck outlet with one that has no sensors in it, so now I have a few electrical wires with conector just loose in engine area that use to plug into carb and other things and open vac ports on carb. The canister system is gone also. So will it even start up now, did I totally fubar the thing or what? I have had people tell me all kinds of crazy things, cut these wires going into HEI and splice with these wires and jump this wire with this wire on ecm and esc and cut these and just yank that b_t_h out from in back of glove box, any way you have the picture so any advice will be appreciated.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Esc is totally timing. You can remove it if you put an HEI distributor in. You should leave the pcv valve. It keeps the engine from carbon build up, plug open ports of carb. Make sure you have vented caps on gas tanks or else you will create a vacuum inside tank and will get no fuel supply.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP