Failed CO emissions-high CO and HC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
For TX I assume you are talking about Antique plates.
Yes, especially now that they don't look goofy! I've used them on two trucks and a car since around 1998.

Funny, but we lived in Colorado for 4 years in the mid-90s. I don't ever remember getting an emissions test on my 69 pickup. We must have left before all the craziness started.

For every vehicle over 25 years old, I'm guessing there are thousands of newer ones that have all the latest emissions control technologies. So you have to wonder if the percentage of CO2 emissions from the older vehicles is even significant. I read a story somewhere that it's less than 0.1%, at least in the US. I also read where the United Nations says low and middle income countries have lower standards or none at all. And those countries tend to buy shiploads of older, used vehicles from more advanced nations. That means old car and truck hobbyists in the USA must suffer to compensate for poorer countries.

Last edited:

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
EGR has been MIA since back in 'Nam and I'm 99% sure the Edelbrock intake that's on it now is non-EGR. Ive only had the truck since the beginning of September and haven't had a whole lot of time to get real intimately familiar with it yet because we also took a week long vacation since then. I'll grab an IR gun in the next day or two and check the cat and probably pull hoses off the pump tonight. It is also a bit inconvenient to get to this specific test center unless I downsize tires. That was also a backup plan I had was to throw on a cheap set of CL 31's just for testing. I would imagine lighter/smaller tires would bring emissions down across the board and I could go to the place that's 5 minutes from my house after a nice warmup. Depending what I can get worked out in the next few days I may make another trip up since a retest within 10 calendar days is free.
I thought i was the only one who says back in nam hahahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL