1987 Winnebago Mini, G30 Remove air pumps/emissions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keithbarr

Reaction score
First Name
keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
G30
Engine Size
Hello, I'm new to the Group. We just bought a 1987 G30 RV, not running, low miles. I need to replace the fuel pump and rebuild or replace the Rochester Quadrajet carb. all the info Im looking at says TBI. Can I safely remove all these air pumps, and air injection to the exhaust? I really just want a Chevy 350 that runs good like my 1975 Van. :)
Thanks, in advance.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So why do you think you need a fuel pump and carburetor? I would make everything work as intended by the factory working on one item/problem at a time. As in I rebuilt my carburetor changed my fuel pump changed my cap and wires now it won't start. Well now we have 3 things to check and possibly more than 1 thing wrong. Don't remove or modify anything until its running don't work on more than one item at a time no matter how simple you think it is.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Heres a great example for you, my truck has been running incredible since a made a by pass regulator for the fuel supply, it was a crude prototype , I was so happy with it I decided to make it better and permanent a couple of days ago. Didn't test it and verify that nothing had changed with my modification. Yesterday I changed a battery cable, last night I started the truck which normally starts immediately, idles and is drivable. Surprise I started it last night, it started right up,idled rough I had to rev it a couple of times and it was running terrible. I started looking for what I could have done while changing the battery cable.Searching for a vacuum hose knocked off etc. about 15 minutes later it occured to me I had been working on the fpr the other day, I lowered my fuel pressure now everything is fine. Working on more than one thing before another was done had me chasing my tail.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Unless really knowledgeable and having access to diagnostic equipment usually removing parts from a system designed to run in concert is a bad idea.

Sounds like whatever fuel issue is present it hasn't been properly diagnosed. What is the reason those parts are questioned?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef