Compete cab corner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottG

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
Well this is my first post here. I'm finally getting to my truck.

Do they make a full cab corner panel? By full corner I mean from the top of the cab above the door, all the way to the bottom. I need to replace that entire panel. I have the famous rusted cab corners, but I also have some damage on the cab corner about even with the top of the bed. I was told that that make them but I cannot find one anywhere. Any info would be very helpful. Thank you

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Just the lower corners. If the damage is too bad to fix, the metal needs harvested from a donor cab.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
They sell a "tall cab corner" - it doesn't go up as high as you are looking for:

You must be registered for see images attach

And they sell an extended cab corner - goes up to about bed rail level but doesn't include the actual cab corner itself:

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
I'm having the same problem.

I got curious about fixing the rust on my truck which is pretty bad and I knew there was some bondo in various places on it so I got a screwdriver and hammer this morning and found this>

I guess the only solution is a 'remove your own' salvage yard. But the problem there is not owning a cordless cut-off saw. :blah:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Those are only helpful if all your batteries don't die lol then your screwed again

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm having the same problem.

I got curious about fixing the rust on my truck which is pretty bad and I knew there was some bondo in various places on it so I got a screwdriver and hammer this morning and found this>

I guess the only solution is a 'remove your own' salvage yard. But the problem there is not owning a cordless cut-off saw. :blah:
Milwaukee sawzall blades "the Torch" worth every penny. If you have a 18 volt cordless saw you can cut a whole bunch of body with one of those blades and one charge.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I get pretty good life and cuts out of the Home Depot Diablo 5" x .040 cut off blades. And those torch sawzall blades kick ass too I agree.

Last edited:

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
I do have a Dewalt sawzall 20Vmax lithium. I'm not impressed with the battery life. I think maybe I got a bad one. I can only get about 15-20 minutes of heavy cutting out of it. By heavy I mean trimming tree branches up to 6" in diameter with a demo blade. I bought the saw in Feb. It came with one 4ah battery. When I was working in construction I saw electricians and plumbers use one 18 volt battery for hours cutting metal. :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello