Cab roof lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Actually, they are required for a commercial vehicle. The three in the middle are your clearance lights and the outer two are your marker lights. The clustering of them is spelled out in DOT regs. Technically if you are running any kind of commercial rig you are supposed to have those lights. The smaller the vehicle, the less likely anyone is really going to pay attention. The flip side is you never know when some DOT cop is going to have a bug up his butt about something and decide to make an issue of it.

It's funny you mention that. The company I work for has several '12 F350 Super Duties and they don't have cab lights. I find it odd because most F350's do. Anyway, they always pass their DOT inspection.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I believe the cab marker lights are only required if the vehicle is over 80" wide, which most duallys are.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That must be it then, these are SRW.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Retro says you only need them if you live on a farm and phuk out in the pastures, hence their name Farm Phuk lights. :shrug:

I wouldn't mind have them on a service truck or something of that nature regardless if it were a 1/2 3/4 or 1 ton.

:lol:

They were optional on pretty much any square except K5 as far as I can tell.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I believe the cab marker lights are only required if the vehicle is over 80" wide, which most duallys are.

That number sounds about right. The Ford Raptors have marker lights in their grille in the front and marker lights in the CHM lights on the cab. The wheelbase on them pushes them over the width to require marker lights. Every SRW pick-up produced is very close to the width limit. I think that is why they are not growing wider every year, to stay away from that number and give the engineers one less thing to worry about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx