Cab roof lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
Which lights did u end up buy? Link? I gotta get me a sweet set.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
Nice fit? My truck has "caps" across my roof where the lights belong. I'm hoping to grind the welds ff and pop them out and use those holes.

79SierraGrande

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Here are my Smoked gab lights on a 1979. I think they look good turned on or off. The only downside is the wiring on the inside, but my visors cover most of it.

Attachments

• Truck front1.jpg
    Truck front1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN0294.jpg
    DSCN0294.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 214

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Here are my Smoked gab lights on a 1979. I think they look good turned on or off. The only downside is the wiring on the inside, but my visors cover most of it.

I remember that decal on the sun visor, my old '79 K5 had it too. The factory lights have the wires run between the two layers of the roof, it's probably a pain to run the wiring, but it would be better than all that just hanging there.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The factory wires run down the front drivers side pillar correct? I sometimes think about putting cab lights on my truck, I just haven't ever taken the time to figure out the wiring aspect of it. I agree the GMT400 lights would look nice with the lower profile

79SierraGrande

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I took the easy way out. I put in a separate switch just for the cab lights, put the wires on the inside. Eventually I will buy a black plastic flexible hose to put in all the wires. The black hose will look better than the wires. But with the visors up, it is not bad looking. Overall, I am happy with the smoked cab lights.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I took the easy way out. I put in a separate switch just for the cab lights, put the wires on the inside. Eventually I will buy a black plastic flexible hose to put in all the wires. The black hose will look better than the wires. But with the visors up, it is not bad looking. Overall, I am happy with the smoked cab lights.

What I thought you might be doing, and what I've thought of doing, I just don't think squares are good candidates for it cuz the windshields just don't seem, or the roofs don't seem tall enough to do so, but I was thinking of a interior visor console above the tint line of the windsheild for after market stereo, speakers, CB, storage cubbys for like sun glasses and ****. That would hide those wires nicely.

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Bumping an old thread. I am welding up the sunvisor and rear spoiler holes on my 91 burban. I am adding an LED third brake light of a 94 or newer suburban and I figure as long as the headliner is out I should mount clearance lights too. Do these come with wiring harnesses http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ppp-20-247s ? I am curious, did anyone put this on a square yet? I want to do this, and my truck is black so smoked would look awesome.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
I took them off my crew cab I think it looks better without them

but I like them on my k30 wrecker

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I took them off my crew cab I think it looks better without them

but I like them on my k30 wrecker

Retro says you only need them if you live on a farm and phuk out in the pastures, hence their name Farm Phuk lights. :shrug:

I wouldn't mind have them on a service truck or something of that nature regardless if it were a 1/2 3/4 or 1 ton.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I believe they do...

Wiring Harness Included: Yes

These Pacer Performance Hi-Five cab lights will give your ride some extra styling. Meets S.A.E specifications and includes wire harnesses and quick wire connectors. Pacer Performance manufactures these light assemblies so they're adaptable to curved and flat roofs applications.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Retro says you only need them if you live on a farm and phuk out in the pastures, hence their name Farm Phuk lights. :shrug:

I wouldn't mind have them on a service truck or something of that nature regardless if it were a 1/2 3/4 or 1 ton.

Actually, they are required for a commercial vehicle. The three in the middle are your clearance lights and the outer two are your marker lights. The clustering of them is spelled out in DOT regs. Technically if you are running any kind of commercial rig you are supposed to have those lights. The smaller the vehicle, the less likely anyone is really going to pay attention. The flip side is you never know when some DOT cop is going to have a bug up his butt about something and decide to make an issue of it.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think you missed the sarcasm there ScottyB...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmritz