Cab Mounts...Worth the Money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
LMC ? starting to think that = junk. Pretty soon our LMC restored trucks are gonna be known as the old chevy/gmc junkers !

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I bought poly cuz I'm poor and can't afford rubber. But if I had the money I would have got rubber. The poly did tighten up the ride. But my ride is already rough enough being lifted and living on a dirt road. I bought my poly mounts through lmc and I should of bought a nicer brand because after a night of hard Wheeling I diclscovered 3 of my mounts were broken.

So now you have yourself in my shoes. You say you can't afford rubber...., well actually afford NOT to get the rubber ones. Or at least a better set of Poly. So you're saying the LMC Poly ones suck obviously.

Thanks for the update and review. That's exactly why forums work, and we appreciate the info.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
LMC ? starting to think that = junk. Pretty soon our LMC restored trucks are gonna be known as the old chevy/gmc junkers !

Very True, I'm see quite a few products that are junk.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
I bought poly cuz I'm poor and can't afford rubber. But if I had the money I would have got rubber. The poly did tighten up the ride. But my ride is already rough enough being lifted and living on a dirt road. I bought my poly mounts through lmc and I should of bought a nicer brand because after a night of hard Wheeling I diclscovered 3 of my mounts were broken.

The mounts or the bolts/mounting points?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The mounts themselves did. Lmc is a good company and they had a warrente on it. So I got new ones. Regardless it should of never broke to begin with.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Lmc ids like any other manufacture you pay for the name and get out of this country quality :-(

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The mounts themselves did. Lmc is a good company and they had a warrente on it. So I got new ones. Regardless it should of never broke to begin with.

Sometimes them "GOOD" warranties scare me. Lifetime warranty or not, if you're putting new mount bushings in the truck every month, I don't call that a good waranty. Kinda like a lifetime water pump from Auto Zone. They don't cover the labor, tow bills, and the antifreeze everytime you have to change it.

On mounts, if the truck got 25 years out of the OEM set, I'd expect an aftermarket set to get at least a good 10 years and prefer closer to 20 years, but I do realize things aren't made like they used to be.

MylesNT

Local Info Bum
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Wow. I forgot about this thread. Haven't had time to work on the truck for a while and I haven't been on here. Reading this site gets me excited about working on the truck, and when I can't work on it, I try not to get to fired up.

I figured this thread was just kinda gonna die off but I shouldve known better. Thanks for all the input. Looks like I should've gone with rubber bushings, but I did go with the energy suspension. What's done is done, and I don't plan on having the truck off road so hopefully it will be OK. Plans are to put the motor in next weekend, so maybe I'll know how it rides before long.

Again, thanks for all the replies. I didn't mean to abandon the thread like I did.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow. I forgot about this thread. Haven't had time to work on the truck for a while and I haven't been on here. Reading this site gets me excited about working on the truck, and when I can't work on it, I try not to get to fired up.

I figured this thread was just kinda gonna die off but I shouldve known better. Thanks for all the input. Looks like I should've gone with rubber bushings, but I did go with the energy suspension. What's done is done, and I don't plan on having the truck off road so hopefully it will be OK. Plans are to put the motor in next weekend, so maybe I'll know how it rides before long.

Again, thanks for all the replies. I didn't mean to abandon the thread like I did.

You may have good luck with the Energy Suspension. Just keep the thread updated and let us know how they're doing from time to time. That way we know if it's good product and might try it, or if we for sure need to avoid it. :waytogo:

Thanks for following up.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've used the Energy Suspension stuff before, never had any troubles with it. Just never used the body mounts before.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
Since this seems to be the most active body mount thread, I have my ca off for paint and work. I wanna replace my shot rubber once. I've had good experience with the energy suspension stuff before also, so I plan on using them.

My question tho, do the mount kits come wit new bolts? Mine are pitted and all but rusted thru. Also with switching to the poly do the top cup washer and bottom washer no longer get used? Here is a photo of what my mounts look like.
You must be registered for see images

Mine go bolt, washer, lower bushing, upper bushing, metal cup thingy lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't throw the metal away. Imann recently ordered some ES bushings for his control arms and had to press out the metal from the old ones to be used with the ES bushings.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
:/ ugh, my current ones are rusted to **** too

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I just used grade 8 bolts and a washer. cost me $9 and a trip to the parts store. I already had the anti seize:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD