Bought an '87 long bed on Bring a Trailer a few days ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Absolutely beautiful. A manual Silverado trim trim is uncommon, any square in that condition is very uncommon.

87longsquare

Reaction score
First Name
allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 1500
Engine Size
thank you all!
and yes, that is the one I bought
special thx to "totalyhucked" for providing the link
As an old(er) guy who has owned more than a 100 cars and trucks I have found that I rather pay more upfront, (when necessary), and avoid surprises, disappointment and additional expense

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
thank you all!
and yes, that is the one I bought
special thx to "totalyhucked" for providing the link
As an old(er) guy who has owned more than a 100 cars and trucks I have found that I rather pay more upfront, (when necessary), and avoid surprises, disappointment and additional expense
Completely agreed with that last statement. I searched for the nicest one in my budget when shopping for the very same reason.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Nice score! And welcome!

87longsquare

Reaction score
First Name
allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 1500
Engine Size
that's always a good rule
I am anxious for enclosed pick-up and delivery; the location is far off the normal enclosed transport routes that largely service the big auction houses...
although I typically mod everything I own this one will remain stock
as of now...bed toolbox, cap off, center console, paint correction and ceramic coating are on my list
suggestions welcomed
thx

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I've gone wayyyy down the side of pro-touring on my current C10, been thinking it'd be nice to have a mostly stock one around at some point too. For that truck, I'd do exactly what you're talking about (I'd do an in bed toolbox and bolt it down using the stock bedfloor bolts, that way it's not seen from the side) and I'd add throwing a mild muffler on it just cuz I can't have a V8 and not hear it lol

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Plus, you can be driving and enjoying it rather than burning time to build/rebuild it. Most used cars I bought took 6 months and $10k+ to get the car to match the description in the ad I bought it from.

Sweet ride nonetheless. I'm jealous. :hat:

87longsquare

Reaction score
First Name
allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 1500
Engine Size
thank you all; glad to be here
when I buy something (muscle car, truck...) whose value and cost is based on it's originality I try to leave it alone...otherwise, I really enjoy modding and making things my own
obviously, in this truck's case, the only things I'll do is to keep it looking good, protected and easy to clean

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Welcome, you did fine. I read BAT every single day and think I remember seeing this one. I check out every Squarebody looking at the picture to help restore my 87 V10 short box with the 4 speed. I paid top dollar for mine from a small dealer a year and a half ago. I paid way too much and I have invested so much money and my time since then. Better to get one done or buy a low mileage one like you did. I would have done better if I spent 50K for a done one. I have over 40K in mine with parts and other shops work and I have hundreds of hours of my labor into it as well. And it's only half done. It's worth is probably 25-28K. But I'm enjoying restoring it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus