Been trying to hide this(I am NOT ashamed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hell no. Thrush welded muffler. Lol..
It actually sounded pretty good for a little guy.
I bought my ex a Corolla S back in 2010. She's still driving it. Zero issues.
She kept trading in ****** cavaliers when I met her. I put a stop to that ****.
Never had to work on her car again.
Yeah. Mrs Roundhouse has a caviloser when we met , at least it was a five speed manual .
Where it was time to replace it , I steered her towards a Mitsubishi eagle talon .
Which we had zero problems with , till she got so preggers she couldn’t get in the thing and we got a 90 Cherokee

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My family was originally from Hattiesburg MS and Atmore AL....all my cousins are still in Monroe LA and some around Houston TX. I tell everyone its why when I moved I went to SOUTH Dakota. lol
Mrs Roundhouse is from monroeville AL. Just down the road from Atmore

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mrs Roundhouse is from monroeville AL. Just down the road from Atmore

I've been through there. Hot and humid in the summer time. My grandfather was a conductor for the railroad - my Dad used to tell me about their activities in mid-July. Said you sat in shorts - and unless you were in a creek or pond, you didn't move and drank iced tea or lemonade all day. Back then none of them had AC.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Direct fom car and driver when it was new-

Lincoln fitted the Aviator with a more-powerful engine, redesigned the suspension, and gave it a new body and interior. When Lincoln was done, the list of parts unique to the Aviator stretched far longer than the list of parts it shared with the Explorer.

Lincoln redesigned the Explorer's suspension and steering. Lincoln ditched the Explorer's steering rack and fitted a variable-assist, variable-ratio steering gear manufactured by ZF. It replaced the pressed-steel lower control arms with stiffer cast aluminum units and added a larger, stiffer front crossmember and frame inserts to reduce frame flex and increase steering precision.

There's also a set of shocks and springs that are exclusive to the Aviator. The suspension bushings were replaced with units that are compliant longitudinally to soften bump impacts but stiff laterally to increase steering and handling precision. In addition, the anti-roll bars use ball joints to connect to the lower control arms. This is a stiffer, lower-friction arrangement than the rubber bushings used in the Explorer and Mountaineer
Huh
Never knew that
I always thought it was just a explorer with $15k tacked on for the fancy grill like all the rest of Mercury’s and Lincoln’s

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Huh
Never knew that
I always thought it was just a explorer with $15k tacked on for the fancy grill like all the rest of Mercury’s and Lincoln’s

Sometimes I wish. Would be a ton easier. Other times I appreciate the extra attention to stability, and power.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Wanna see how bad I am at videos and pics? I built this many years ago. Doubler, tom woods shafts, 14/60, 52" 4" lift springs up front, 4" springs out back with shackle flip for a total of like a 8" lift on 40s, on and on. And the only memory I have of it is a 5 sec video!!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Wish I had more. I may start taking pics of everything now. Best I could get it it to show. Happy to see it again, sad to see so little of it. Been doing this stuff for almost 15 years, and have so few pictures.

Last edited:

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Just messing with you. I've had and driven them all too. lol

In '87 I worked in a Chevy garage as a grease monkey while I was laid off from another job. Owner of the place dated my mom in HS....at that time, I drove an 84 Accord. 5spd - loved it. I run into him one day in the showroom - no one there (think it was after hours) and he says to me 'why do you want to drive that thing?' I told him it was made in Marysville, OH.....then walked over to a Chevy Sprint and Chevy Nova on the showroom floor. Final assembly plant, Fujitsua Japan....and Koasi Japan. I told him I'd glue a bowtie on my Accord if it made him feel better. lol
Funny, I had a 5sp 87 accord (I think I mentioned doing the timing belt in a fast food parking lot).
And my gf in high school called me and told me she bought a new (to her) car.
I asked her what it was and she said "a Chevy Nova?".
I get excited and say I'll be right over, thinking it's a Nova.
It's a Nova alright...... maybe 85? I'd never seen one like that. It was a little econo **** box. I swore that someone was ******* with her and put weird Nova badges on a toy. Haha...
I don't know why I'd never noticed one before. Probably because I just thought they were Toyotas or Mitsubishis or something.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Funny, I had a 5sp 87 accord (I think I mentioned doing the timing belt in a fast food parking lot).
And my gf in high school called me and told me she bought a new (to her) car.
I asked her what it was and she said "a Chevy Nova?".
I get excited and say I'll be right over, thinking it's a Nova.
It's a Nova alright...... maybe 85? I'd never seen one like that. It was a little econo **** box. I swore that someone was ******* with her and put weird Nova badges on a toy. Haha...
I don't know why I'd never noticed one before. Probably because I just thought they were Toyotas or Mitsubishis or something.

Saw my first one of those at like 15, and have never wanted to see one since.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Saw my first one of those at like 15, and have never wanted to see one since.
Yeah, they sucked. Everything was like......tinny. Like thin and cheap.
My Honda Civic was even light-years ahead as far as finish and ride

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think the Novas were re-badged Corollas. The Sprint was smaller yet and had narly-bogus stripe kits.

When I think of all the partnerships with the Japanese autos, Ford-Mazda, Dodge-Mitsu.....Chevy did the best IMO with Toyota.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
I think the Novas were re-badged Corollas. The Sprint was smaller yet and had narly-bogus stripe kits.

When I think of all the partnerships with the Japanese autos, Ford-Mazda, Dodge-Mitsu.....Chevy did the best IMO with Toyota.

Probably true. Mazda made the best fords ever built, though. :D
And yes, the sprint. My geography teacher had a white turbo.
He was a cool dude. Used to play his guitar and sing CCR after class a lot.
You should have seen him get in to proud mary. lol

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Wanna see something else I am ashamed of. Wife found this also. Like her day to laugh at me. Lol, I was a crotch rocket guy. Showing off my porch skills. Lol, pretty sure it was a 95 cbr 600.

Go ahead.

Flame away. I was like 22. I even think I look like a damn retard.

I had thick hair, and no gray. So I had that going for me.

Sorry no mullets.

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

...and then there was the Geo line. Where it was what, Suzuki (tracker), Deawoo (Metro), Isuzu (Storm?), and Toyota (Prism). I think GM was the only one to use that many different manufacturers for one product line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1