Been trying to hide this(I am NOT ashamed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks...I've actually resto'd a couple of these things....concourse style. A royal PITA but not too many will do them (for good reason).

Austin Healeys (older ones) are also a pain but believe it or not, I can find parts for them easier....probably more interest and some of these older bricks are in-between stages.....too old that the factory no longer makes them but not old enough for any re-pop places. I've made ALOT of repop parts and peddled them all over the planet because there's alot of it missing in the marketplace otherwise.

But hey - at least its not a Hon-duh. heh heh

If I ever find a decent P1800 I am bringing it to you.

My granny loves them.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If I ever find a decent P1800 I am bringing it to you.

My granny loves them.

I've done 3 of them (2 of the ES wagon-ettes and 1 coupe). They're really cool but REALLY small too. 90hp (at zip code rpms)....I know of lawn mowers with more power. lol The story line of the guy with 3M miles on one is total BS. I think the home office realized this after they made a big PR thing about it, so they continued to go along. This company has a long history of faking ads. No joke.

RUST is the 1800s (and 122 Amazons) downfall.....

Working on the older 4-N shtuff is just a pain - literally and figuretively. I'm 6-1 and about 235. I find myself with my feet on the headrest and my head under the dash just to get to stuff - those older (pre-70) Euro cars are REALLY small. My chiro loves me. I've probably put his kids through college.

Last edited:

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Two totally different rigs underneath. Trust me, I have studied the hell out of it. I wish it was that simple.
I always thought it was just a exploder with a fancy grill and an extra $15k tacked on the sticker ?

Why make it looks just like an explorer if it’s not ?

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I've done 3 of them (2 of the ES wagon-ettes and 1 coupe). They're really cool but REALLY small too. 90hp (at zip code rpms)....I know of lawn mowers with more power. lol The story line of the guy with 3M miles on one is total BS. I think the home office realized this after they made a big PR thing about it, so they continued to go along. This company has a long history of faking ads. No joke.

RUST is the 1800s (and 122 Amazons) downfall.....

With my granny, its one of those fond memories cars. I would help even if it was a god forsaken smart car. Lol

I ended up in a liberal city a while back, and I swear a smart car would fit in the back of my Suburban.

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I always thought it was just a exploder with a fancy grill and an extra $15k tacked on the sticker ?

I am just guessing it was easier to use a design they had, and change everything else.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

Direct fom car and driver when it was new-

Lincoln fitted the Aviator with a more-powerful engine, redesigned the suspension, and gave it a new body and interior. When Lincoln was done, the list of parts unique to the Aviator stretched far longer than the list of parts it shared with the Explorer.

Lincoln redesigned the Explorer's suspension and steering. Lincoln ditched the Explorer's steering rack and fitted a variable-assist, variable-ratio steering gear manufactured by ZF. It replaced the pressed-steel lower control arms with stiffer cast aluminum units and added a larger, stiffer front crossmember and frame inserts to reduce frame flex and increase steering precision.

There's also a set of shocks and springs that are exclusive to the Aviator. The suspension bushings were replaced with units that are compliant longitudinally to soften bump impacts but stiff laterally to increase steering and handling precision. In addition, the anti-roll bars use ball joints to connect to the lower control arms. This is a stiffer, lower-friction arrangement than the rubber bushings used in the Explorer and Mountaineer

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

Not as easy as bolt in explorer stuff- It does not fit. If you park it next to a similar year explorer, not very alike.

Just one engine is available in the Aviator, a retuned version of the aluminum 4.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V-8 that's sold in the Mustang Mach 1 (see "Hot Tin Roofs"). The Aviator has dual-length intake runners that provide high peak horsepower (302 at 5750 rpm) and torque (300 pound-feet at 3250 rpm) and also help the engine produce 90 percent of peak torque at 2000 rpm.

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks...I've actually resto'd a couple of these things....concourse style. A royal PITA but not too many will do them (for good reason).

Austin Healeys (older ones) are also a pain but believe it or not, I can find parts for them easier....probably more interest and some of these older bricks are in-between stages.....too old that the factory no longer makes them but not old enough for any re-pop places. I've made ALOT of repop parts and peddled them all over the planet because there's alot of it missing in the marketplace otherwise.

But hey - at least its not a Hon-duh. heh heh

Amen to that. No Hondas. What the hell am I talking about, I have a Mitsubishi in my driveway(Wait, its still not a Honda). Okay.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Wtf is with the Honda bashing? lol...
I loved my 90 Si. Super dependable, fun to drive, super cheap to own, etc.
Best little car ever. :D

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

You can have it.....just dont talk about it. lol

But I have to ask.....does it have the chi-com ebay turbo and weedwacker exhaust? :laughing1:

fwiw....I drove a Camry last winter (but unloaded it as soon as the weather broke).

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
****. Honda builds more models in the States than GM does anymore.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
You can have it.....just dont talk about it. lol

But I have to ask.....does it have the chi-com ebay turbo and weedwacker exhaust? :laughing1:

fwiw....I drove a Camry last winter (but unloaded it as soon as the weather broke).
Hell no. Thrush welded muffler. Lol..
It actually sounded pretty good for a little guy.
I bought my ex a Corolla S back in 2010. She's still driving it. Zero issues.
She kept trading in ****** cavaliers when I met her. I put a stop to that ****.
Never had to work on her car again.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
****. Honda builds more models in the States than GM does anymore.
Even back in 90 mine was built in Canada.
Same goes for Toyota.
I think Hondas might be the "most american" import now.
Chryslers are higher than the rest, too, I think.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Done alot work to that eclipse recently, control arms, all struts, all brakes. I gotta say it wasnt bad.
Hell no. Thrush welded muffler. Lol..
It actually sounded pretty good for a little guy.
I bought my ex a Corolla S back in 2010. She's still driving it. Zero issues.
She kept trading in ****** cavaliers when I met her. I put a stop to that ****.
Never had to work on her car again.

Its not the Honda, its the owners. I am sure they are great cars, but 90% of the owners are not great. But it is fun at a stop light when they rev, and then I blow they're ear drums out.

The EG is the best body style in my opinion.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

Gotta bash something, keep all the thoughts off my Ford product. LOL

My exhaust also works for Bass. I dont mind bass, but turn it down at a light or gas station. Again, respect. Do it next to me, and you are gonna hear a super loud sbc sing. Every single time they roll they're windows up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat