Been trying to hide this(I am NOT ashamed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
You must be registered for see images attach
Wanna see something else I am ashamed of. Wife found this also. Like her day to laugh at me. Lol, I was a crotch rocket guy. Showing off my porch skills. Lol, pretty sure it was a 95 cbr 600.

Go ahead.

Flame away. I was like 22. I even think I look like a damn retard.

I had thick hair, and no gray. So I had that going for me.

Sorry no mullets.
Nothing wrong with sport bikes. I'm older than you, and I still have an older CBR1000 sitting on my front porch right.
Some people just wanna to go fast. :D

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Nothing wrong with sport bikes. I'm older than you, and I still have an older CBR1000 sitting on my front porch right.
Some people just wanna to go fast. :D

Hey, I hold nothing against sport bikes. I still have one also. I hold something against what an idiot I look like in that picture.

I was just playing on the sport bike stereotype(just look at the photo). Can we say POSER, I mean Loser. LOL

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
...and then there was the Geo line. Where it was what, Suzuki (tracker), Deawoo (Metro), Isuzu (Storm?), and Toyota (Prism). I think GM was the only one to use that many different manufacturers for one product line.
There was a lot going on back then.
Remenber Dodge had Mitsubishis. My friend's dad had a Dodge Raider/Mitsubishi Montero. That was a neat little truck. Capable and reliable.
My other friend bought an early 80s(?) Dodge Colt GT in high school. Like $200, and him and another buddy went halves and shared it. Lol
White with a factory orange racing stripes down the sides and big orange "GT" logos on the quarters. Never seen another one like it.
Man, they beat the hell out of that thing, but it was tough!

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Remenber Dodge had Mitsubishis. My friend's dad had a Dodge Raider/Mitsubishi Montero. That was a neat little truck. Capable and reliable.
My other friend bought an early 80s(?) Dodge Colt GT in high school. Like $200, and him and another buddy went halves and shared it. Lol
White with a factory orange racing stripes down the sides and big orange "GT" logos on the quarters. Never seen another one like it.

Taslon TSI, And Stealth RT were the best to come from all those collaborations. In my opinion.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

Also embarrassing, I owned a 95 Ford Probe GT. Did a mazda JDM KLZE swap. I thought I was king of my crappy little town(I was to the Hondas). LOL

If I dont leave the house soon, you are all going to be able to write a biography on me! Sorry about that.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Hey, I hold nothing against sport bikes. I still have one also. I hold something against what an idiot I look like in that picture.

I was just playing on the sport bike stereotype(just look at the photo). Can we say POSER, I mean Loser. LOL
Oh yeah, I can't argue that. Looks like you're about to flip it trying to do a burnout. Lol

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Taslon TSI, And Stealth RT were the best to come from all those collaborations. In my opinion.

One I would still like to have was the Conquest / Starion. I remember Lee Ioccoa on a commercial whining that they had Mistus coming out of one end and Dodges coming out the other of the same plant in Illinois, yet the Mitsus were outselling the Chryslers 3-1. lol

30+ yrs ago I was a tool and die apprentice at a Timken plant - the area I was in made prototype bearings and components. One I remember was making a 'new' bearing for Chrysler transmissions. Had to SPC chart them and collect metal shaving samples....was as bad as military jobs. So their rep comes in and asks me how many I'm checking - I said every 10 (find a bad one, go back in the bunch and check them...quick way to have almost 100% good parts). He walks away....boss comes up and says "change it to every 35 - they complained we're taking too much time on them". I said 'its our time - job was bid at a set price - what do they care?' He said they insisted we do it that way so do it that way.

And we all know what Chrysler transmissions are like. Other than a Dakota pickup I had in the mid 90s for about 2 yrs (ex wife wanted it), I've never owned a Dodge product and dont care to. I see their new trucks around here (plant is local) with severe Ram Rot - holes you can put your hands through (no joke) in 5 yr old trucks and there's always a Patriot Jeep on a flatbed.....sometimes still with temp tags.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
One I would still like to have was the Conquest / Starion. I remember Lee Ioccoa on a commercial whining that they had Mistus coming out of one end and Dodges coming out the other of the same plant in Illinois, yet the Mitsus were outselling the Chryslers 3-1. lol

30+ yrs ago I was a tool and die apprentice at a Timken plant - the area I was in made prototype bearings and components. One I remember was making a 'new' bearing for Chrysler transmissions. Had to SPC chart them and collect metal shaving samples....was as bad as military jobs. So their rep comes in and asks me how many I'm checking - I said every 10 (find a bad one, go back in the bunch and check them...quick way to have almost 100% good parts). He walks away....boss comes up and says "change it to every 35 - they complained we're taking too much time on them". I said 'its our time - job was bid at a set price - what do they care?' He said they insisted we do it that way so do it that way.

And we all know what Chrysler transmissions are like. Other than a Dakota pickup I had in the mid 90s for about 2 yrs (ex wife wanted it), I've never owned a Dodge product and dont care to. I see their new trucks around here (plant is local) with severe Ram Rot - holes you can put your hands through (no joke) in 5 yr old trucks and there's always a Patriot Jeep on a flatbed.....sometimes still with temp tags.

Dont see much of either of those cars anymore. But I agree, I would be happy to get my hands on one.

Only thing I want slightly associated with dodge is a 6bt in my Suburban. Bless Cummins, but a partnership with chevy would have been so much better. Lol

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Every now and again, I see one of the Conquests pop up on c-list. Usually with a decently clean body, but never in running condition. Lol

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Gotta love a gal that drives a stick shift! Says a lot about personality, IMO! "Ain't no stick in the mud" no pun intended.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
You mentioned in another thread (which I don't want to muddy up with linkin talk.) That this thing weighs 6000lbs. Jeebus it's a hefty bitch. No wonder your mpg is garbage.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
Gotta love a gal that drives a stick shift! Says a lot about personality, IMO! "Ain't no stick in the mud" no pun intended.

Taught my daughter and son and granddaughter to drive stick. Their driving license didn't count until they mastered stick.

Son and daughter went on to drive race cars in SCCA.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
You mentioned in another thread (which I don't want to muddy up with linkin talk.) That this thing weighs 6000lbs. Jeebus it's a hefty bitch. No wonder your mpg is garbage.

Dude if I wrap it out alot I get about 11mpg. If I drive nice(lol) its about 13 to 14mpg.

But I ain't lying when I say it will squat and turn into a missile.

I ment to say it was right at 5,000 on a scale. The Suburban was right at 6,000 on the scale. Sorry about that.

Where did I say that so I can fix it.(found and fixed) thanks.

My best, and normal mpg.

These were never known for gas mileage. 15 was going to Tulsa which is quite a flat trip, non windy day(rare).

Last edited:

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I’m in