Appraise my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I love my square but I think the time has come to sell it, I learned everything I know on it, and it’s been a great daily besides the milage. But have 0 idea how much to ask for this. I’d rather ask high as I’m in no rush to sell, and can wait for a a good offer. Here’s the rundown:

1978 c10 short bed

reman small Block Chevy 350, msd atomic efi, msd street speed ignition, Edelbrock air gap intake, brand new vortec heads, Doug thorley tri y headers, full 2.5 dual exhaust, my guess is 350 hp.

Backed by a FRESH 1989 700r4 trans with a corvette servo, and 3.73 rear gears.

Big optioned radiator with Ford Taurus electric cooling fan upgrade, never breaks 210 sitting in traffic with AC on.

High output alternator, all new ac equipment that blows ice cold all day, power steering, power brakes, good tune for a driver.

Front suspension has been completely rebuilt as well as the steering and brakes on all four corners of the truck, handles really well considering the only suspension mod is a 2 inch rear drop to level it

Body is straight with minimal dings and bondo, currently has a primered good and “plasti dip” everywhere else

Interior has been completely redone with a stereo, carpet, new bench, sub, really nice stuff

It’s been a loyal daily for years now, but I need something better on gas that doesn’t weigh over 4000 lbs, but I’m a sucker for a small Block Chevy so you’ll problably see me in a c4

My only question, how much would you pay?

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I think factoring in location, the opinion (mine) that the truck has maybe one or two niche items that would be a turn off to the biggest sticklers but everything else is business as usual or has a pretty wide appeal, the fact that a lot of important stuff is already taken care of, and the truck is in the sweet spot of not being a dime a dozen nor is it a gem find, I would say that’s a 6.5 thousand dollar truck, plus or minus $500. Where I’m at, maybe $500 more than what you get for it. Squares don’t really rust in these parts unless you’ve treated them really really bad, and even then, it’s not bad rust. Action line trucks, forget about it. They’ll rust here if you store them in a vacuum. Now if you’re in Fort Wayne, IN cradling piles of rust that used to be a truck, that’s probably 9K or even 10K worth of truck. Location is a big one. I guarantee you when the northerners on here see it, they’ll be like ants at a picnic.

Being honest, and take no offense, the only thing that would have me worried as a prospective buyer is the stereo equipment. Anything where anything gets cut or adapted is worrisome if me or someone I really trust didn’t do the work, and if cutting was done in a door panel or the dash bezel, that really makes me take a step back. I’m sure there are much bigger purists out there than me, but that’s my only gripe as your pretend buyer, and I’m pretty serious about that stuff. I think everything else looks great, and you being on here leads me to assume that the wiring on the stereo equipment was done properly so it’s not a rats nest under there like some of them are.

I hope you sell it to accomplish your objectives, but being the way I am, I hope you keep it because you’ve made it your own thing, and no one’s gonna appreciate that more than you.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Being from AZ is a plus. All original sheet metal?
What's your "I don't want to sell it price?"

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
If I needed money I’d take 6000, but I don’t think I’d feel right taking less than 7

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I think factoring in location, the opinion (mine) that the truck has maybe one or two niche items that would be a turn off to the biggest sticklers but everything else is business as usual or has a pretty wide appeal, the fact that a lot of important stuff is already taken care of, and the truck is in the sweet spot of not being a dime a dozen nor is it a gem find, I would say that’s a 6.5 thousand dollar truck, plus or minus $500. Where I’m at, maybe $500 more than what you get for it. Squares don’t really rust in these parts unless you’ve treated them really really bad, and even then, it’s not bad rust. Action line trucks, forget about it. They’ll rust here if you store them in a vacuum. Now if you’re in Fort Wayne, IN cradling piles of rust that used to be a truck, that’s probably 9K or even 10K worth of truck. Location is a big one. I guarantee you when the northerners on here see it, they’ll be like ants at a picnic.

Being honest, and take no offense, the only thing that would have me worried as a prospective buyer is the stereo equipment. Anything where anything gets cut or adapted is worrisome if me or someone I really trust didn’t do the work, and if cutting was done in a door panel or the dash bezel, that really makes me take a step back. I’m sure there are much bigger purists out there than me, but that’s my only gripe as your pretend buyer, and I’m pretty serious about that stuff. I think everything else looks great, and you being on here leads me to assume that the wiring on the stereo equipment was done properly so it’s not a rats nest under there like some of them are.

I hope you sell it to accomplish your objectives, but being the way I am, I hope you keep it because you’ve made it your own thing, and no one’s gonna appreciate that more than you.

Because it’s a daily driver I took my time on the stereo, and I myself know that it’s a really clean install, although I see your point about a prospective buyer having troubles though

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
If I needed money I’d take 6000, but I don’t think I’d feel right taking less than 7

Here in Arkansas, Around $6,000, maybe more with patience for the right guy. $7,000 is not unreasonable, with patience.

Last edited:

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
All original sheet metal, and zero rust. I’d hate myself seeing less than 7

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Here in Arkansas, Around $6,000, maybe more with patience for the right guy.
Do you think it’s worth going through a company, and selling it out of state?

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Do you think it’s worth going through a company, and selling it out of state?

Not unless buyer pays shipping, and you account for fees. But for something that clean, the best money will be up north.

I had a guy buy my old lifted suburban(show truck) from Illinois, got almost double what I would have got here. But he came with a trailer.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I love my square but I think the time has come to sell it, I learned everything I know on it, and it’s been a great daily besides the milage. But have 0 idea how much to ask for this. I’d rather ask high as I’m in no rush to sell, and can wait for a a good offer. Here’s the rundown:

1978 c10 short bed

reman small Block Chevy 350, msd atomic efi, msd street speed ignition, Edelbrock air gap intake, brand new vortec heads, Doug thorley tri y headers, full 2.5 dual exhaust, my guess is 350 hp.

Backed by a FRESH 1989 700r4 trans with a corvette servo, and 3.73 rear gears.

Big optioned radiator with Ford Taurus electric cooling fan upgrade, never breaks 210 sitting in traffic with AC on.

High output alternator, all new ac equipment that blows ice cold all day, power steering, power brakes, good tune for a driver.

Front suspension has been completely rebuilt as well as the steering and brakes on all four corners of the truck, handles really well considering the only suspension mod is a 2 inch rear drop to level it

Body is straight with minimal dings and bondo, currently has a primered good and “plasti dip” everywhere else

Interior has been completely redone with a stereo, carpet, new bench, sub, really nice stuff

It’s been a loyal daily for years now, but I need something better on gas that doesn’t weigh over 4000 lbs, but I’m a sucker for a small Block Chevy so you’ll problably see me in a c4

My only question, how much would you pay?

I really like your truck! Thats a great stance for a 2wd. Those are the same tires im runnin on my truck. What size are yours?

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Don't take less than what you think it's worth. It seems that Murphy's Law applies. It seems as when you are desperate to sell something that nobody wants it or don't want to pony up cash, but if you have time to sell or not wanting to sell that buyers line up and give you what you want. Some guy at Lowe's offered me a obscene amount of cash for my old Chevy, sorry not for sale.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
In Ohio, the asking price would probably be north of 10k. IMHO, the plastidip hurts it, but there's a lot of very nice points.

How do you like the MSD efi?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The largest audience for the buck is either ebay or bring a trailer. Thats where the guys living in rotland will see it and bid. Mine's a lifetime Oregon truck - zero rust and stupid clean - and wont see the roads around here anytime between early Nov and late April. I lost track how many people comment on it and ask if I'd want to sell. I tell them not at this time and then toss $8-10k figures at them if I did and will get 'let me know when you're ready' about 75% of the time.

You're lucky its just a 2wd for shipping - 4wd is about 2x the rate and ANY lift is 4x or 'cant do it'. They consider 4x4's as 1.5 - 2x load. Went through this with mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AzLuke