Appraise my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I really like your truck! Thats a great stance for a 2wd. Those are the same tires im runnin on my truck. What size are yours?
31x10.5x15

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
The largest audience for the buck is either ebay or bring a trailer. Thats where the guys living in rotland will see it and bid. Mine's a lifetime Oregon truck - zero rust and stupid clean - and wont see the roads around here anytime between early Nov and late April. I lost track how many people comment on it and ask if I'd want to sell. I tell them not at this time and then toss $8-10k figures at them if I did and will get 'let me know when you're ready' about 75% of the time.

You're lucky its just a 2wd for shipping - 4wd is about 2x the rate and ANY lift is 4x or 'cant do it'. They consider 4x4's as 1.5 - 2x load. Went through this with mine.
Good to know, I’ve never seriously considered eBay for selling cars

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
In Ohio, the asking price would probably be north of 10k. IMHO, the plastidip hurts it, but there's a lot of very nice points.

How do you like the MSD efi?
No major power gain, but once I got it dialed it’s reallyyyy smooth, I love that. Plus it controls my fans and has a really good readout of a ton of gauges

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
One more thing, do you think it’s worth it to put on some stock tbi heads and take my vortec heads with me?

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
The largest audience for the buck is either ebay or bring a trailer. Thats where the guys living in rotland will see it and bid. Mine's a lifetime Oregon truck - zero rust and stupid clean - and wont see the roads around here anytime between early Nov and late April. I lost track how many people comment on it and ask if I'd want to sell. I tell them not at this time and then toss $8-10k figures at them if I did and will get 'let me know when you're ready' about 75% of the time.

You're lucky its just a 2wd for shipping - 4wd is about 2x the rate and ANY lift is 4x or 'cant do it'. They consider 4x4's as 1.5 - 2x load. Went through this with mine.

Hence the trailer for mine. Lol, you couldn't be more right. Why I mentioned buyer pays shipping.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Wonder if mine are just that sagged...
Possibly, but I also have 2 inch lowering shackles in the rear, which will make the front appear taller

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Possibly, but I also have 2 inch lowering shackles in the rear, which will make the front appear taller
Now youve got me curious if i should stay with the stock replacements or go with the 3/4 ton coils

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Now youve got me curious if i should stay with the stock replacements or go with the 3/4 ton coils
If you take it off-road? I would go stock coils with longer shocks and spring spacers

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
If you take it off-road? I would go stock coils with longer shocks and spring spacers
No its a street runner. I just thought id go 3/4 to make it more level and higher. Plus id like to use the 6 lug conversion rotors and put 16's on it

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
One more thing, do you think it’s worth it to put on some stock tbi heads and take my vortec heads with me?

I don't think so. At that point, you may as well just return the truck to near stock and sell it that way.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I don't think so. At that point, you may as well just return the truck to near stock and sell it that way.
Good point, and I can’t run all my fun parts on a newer car since it won’t pass smog

Does anyone have any insight on how to make a hopper up small Block with no emissions equipment pass smog? If I keep it I’ll be due in a few months

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
There ya go

You must be registered for see images attach
Oh ****. It looks pretty expensive to me!

Round here? I see guys with AVERAGE condition squares -4x4 shorts- 5-6 grand ALL DAY. :( For AVERAGE trucks. :imo: yours is better than average condition.
Pretty OBVIOUS that you built a $10,000 truck you'll be lucky to get 8500 for. I'd keep it.
The stereo equipment could be sold separately simply to recoup the cost...SO. are we considering as a whole or in parts?
It's been my experience that simething like your truck is worth more in parts because it is too PREVIOUS owner specific. :IMO:

Remember old @rich weyand ?
What did he sell his truck for? $10 grand? It's possible. That seems like a "reasonable" high side , to me, for these trucks and something like you have- which is wicked nice.

Tough to negotiate up-start high! :waytogo:

Rich's truck as example? It was worth 10 or 11 but it was shiny.. I don't remember what he got but custom thirty or forty year old trucks hit the same "custom wall" We should know what he got. You should tell us lol. Looking at YOURS? NOW?

Is it actually fast or just loud? The uber popular heads increase the value a lot, imo. I'd leave em.

I'm kinda stuck around 8-8500 IF it's quick because it certainly isn't pretty. :p
The paint is ass and kills the high $ potential for me. Pretend i'm a potential buyer.

With a decent paint job is it gonna be worth 12k? 14k? Not from my point of view and paint jobs are expensive!

The "custom wall" gives credit for the blanket wanted and accepted upgrades (heads/fan/efi/etc) which improve value. Lookin at the truck it is OBVIOUS you know ALL about that truck and how to work on it. That is both good and bad, as you know. Promising yet scary - simultaneously.

How much is it gonna cost ME to undo seller's custom paint job and change the wheels+tires? THEN Paint it?
Yes. The custom wall I call it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare