92 Yukon parts interchange questions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
We have been driving my sons first car (92 Yukon) around for a few weeks now, long enough to feel reasonable confident it doesn’t have major issues. So, it’s time to check off a few minor problems before handing over the keys.

The passenger door mirror is missing. Did these trucks in the later years have power mirrors available? The driver mirror is on the door, but it’s loose. About 48mph, the wind blows the mirror against the window. Since both mirrors need work, I thought power mirrors might be a worthwhile upgrade.

Is there a A/C hose assembly that will fit this truck with a R4 compressor and 134 compatible? The system still had a little R-12, I installed the 134A conversion fittings, vacuumed the system down, it held vacuum. I thought I was good, so I charged the system up. Everything worked great, until I removed the gauges. The high side fitting leaked with the gauges removed. I thought about just updating the hose instead of screwing around with the conversion kit.

With the purchase price of the truck, the brake/suspension, interior repairs, etc, we are into this truck about a 1000 bucks. My son is having a blast working on it, it runs and drives great, I’m enjoying teaching him some of this stuff, I don’t mind spending a little extra to make it a better truck.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
The passenger door mirror is missing. Did these trucks in the later years have power mirrors available? The driver mirror is on the door, but it’s loose. About 48mph, the wind blows the mirror against the window. Since both mirrors need work, I thought power mirrors might be a worthwhile upgrade.
Yes, they made power mirrors for that ago truck. Depended on the model, different trim packages, ect.
You can get them pretty easily at junkyards. I have a set I picked up a while back .
You'd also need the mirror adjuster switch that goes in the door and the little bit of wiring harness that runs up to the mirror. Just needs a power source after that.
They're easy to take off, just pop the door panel off and there's 3 bolts.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Pretty sure that 134 became standard in 93 or 94. I'd look at images of those hoses

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
We have been driving my sons first car (92 Yukon) around for a few weeks now, long enough to feel reasonable confident it doesn’t have major issues. So, it’s time to check off a few minor problems before handing over the keys.

Is there a A/C hose assembly that will fit this truck with a R4 compressor and 134 compatible? The system still had a little R-12, I installed the 134A conversion fittings, vacuumed the system down, it held vacuum. I thought I was good, so I charged the system up. Everything worked great, until I removed the gauges. The high side fitting leaked with the gauges removed. I thought about just updating the hose instead of screwing around with the conversion kit.

With the purchase price of the truck, the brake/suspension, interior repairs, etc, we are into this truck about a 1000 bucks. My son is having a blast working on it, it runs and drives great, I’m enjoying teaching him some of this stuff, I don’t mind spending a little extra to make it a better truck.
That's pretty common. I would suggest you jiggle the valve a bit to see if you can get it to seat. If not, you can buy new inner valve guts and just unscrew the old leaky one and screw in a new center just like bike and car tires. I wouldn't worry about replacing the whole hose, you wont find any that came stock with the 134 fittings.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Pretty sure that 134 became standard in 93 or 94. I'd look at images of those hoses

There were some '93 vehicles that got r134a, but most were still r12. Everything in '94 got r134a.

'94 manifold hoses should work fine on the '92. One other option is to use different conversion fittings. Just use the type that does not require the removal of the original schrader valve. They do not create an additional potential leak point.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I know that my 92 Burb takes the old hard the find stuff, I guess itd be r12.
Tried to buy some, guy at the store said they dont sell it anymore. Also said the new stuff wont work unless I purge the system and change the valve.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Valve core kit is simple. Dryer and oil type switched with conversion

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
There were some '93 vehicles that got r134a, but most were still r12. Everything in '94 got r134a.

'94 manifold hoses should work fine on the '92. One other option is to use different conversion fittings. Just use the type that does not require the removal of the original schrader valve. They do not create an additional potential leak point.
I don’t have the original shrader valve, I’ll probably just update the hoses. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84